Scroll to see replies

could i get a full tutorial of 13 please

Original post by 183022
Pm me and screenshot the question so I remember which each is

its the one with the pipes that you have to disconnect
Original post by epicdragonone
could you give me a full tutorial of 13 please
its the one with the pipes

For 13, you go into the source. There is a part that talks about the pipes. Change the min to max and the slide the pipes fully out
Original post by Crazitane
For 13, you go into the source. There is a part that talks about the pipes. Change the min to max and the slide the pipes fully out

// On mouse down...
get("pipeLeft").onmousedown = get("pipeRight").onmousedown = function(e) {
mouseState = "down";
draggedElem = {x: e.x, id: this.id};
e.preventDefault();
};

// On mouse move (while mouse down)...
document.body.onmousemove = function(e) {
if (mouseState === "down") {
var diff = e.x - draggedElem.x;
var id = draggedElem.id;
if ((id === "pipeLeft" && diff > 0) || (id === "pipeRight" && diff < 0)) {
diff = 0;
}
var moveAmount = Math.min(Math.abs(diff), 30);
get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft = (moveAmount < 0 ? moveAmount : -moveAmount) + "px";
get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft = (moveAmount > 0 ? moveAmount : -moveAmount) + "px";
}
};

// On mouse up...
document.onmouseup = function() {
var id = draggedElem.id;
if (
(id === "pipeLeft" && parseInt(get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft, 10) >= -50) ||
(id === "pipeRight" && parseInt(get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft, 10) <= 50)
) {
get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft = "0";
get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft = "0";
}
mouseState = "up";
};

Change the Math.min to Math.max and then run in console
Can you help on 10
I really need help
Can I get some help in 10. I have found the part of code that I need to change the function of. I am just not sure what part to change.

This is my code:
<form class="form" id="artForm" onsubmit="weasel(get('weasel').value, get('email').value, get('message').value); return false;">
<fieldset>
<label for="name">Your name:</label>
<input class="input-text" id="name" value="Poppy">
<label for="email">Your email address:</label>
<input class="input-text" id="email" value="[email protected]">
</fieldset>
I don't know what part to change

I just thought about what I would want the function to be called to use in the onsubmit bit, have a play in console and see if any of the words you try are autocorrected to functions available. I did this and found pretty quickly the answer
I really need help

Which one is 10? I can help with all of them
Original post by Captain Barbosa
On challenge 10, the big clue is in the source code. There is a comment that says a function name has been changed to stop it running. Re-name that function - mine was called weasel. Tip, try some of the other IDs and class names until you get the correct one.

which function??

thank you!!!
I really need help

dont try that hard.
just see what the wrong bit is, ,ake it happen in the console and use the function underneath it afterwards for the answer
Original post by epicdragonone
dont try that hard.
just see what the wrong bit is, ,ake it happen in the console and use the function underneath it afterwards for the answer

yeah this is what I did, just typed some words in console that I thought would be a name for the function and then it shows autocomplete and that was the correct one, didn't take too long
// On mouse down...
get("pipeLeft").onmousedown = get("pipeRight").onmousedown = function(e) {
mouseState = "down";
draggedElem = {x: e.x, id: this.id};
e.preventDefault();
};

// On mouse move (while mouse down)...
document.body.onmousemove = function(e) {
if (mouseState === "down") {
var diff = e.x - draggedElem.x;
var id = draggedElem.id;
if ((id === "pipeLeft" && diff > 0) || (id === "pipeRight" && diff < 0)) {
diff = 0;
}
var moveAmount = Math.min(Math.abs(diff), 30);
get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft = (moveAmount < 0 ? moveAmount : -moveAmount) + "px";
get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft = (moveAmount > 0 ? moveAmount : -moveAmount) + "px";
}
};

// On mouse up...
document.onmouseup = function() {
var id = draggedElem.id;
if (
(id === "pipeLeft" && parseInt(get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft, 10) >= -50) ||
(id === "pipeRight" && parseInt(get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft, 10) <= 50)
) {
get("pipeLeft").style.marginLeft = "0";
get("pipeRight").style.marginLeft = "0";
}
mouseState = "up";
};

Change the Math.min to Math.max and then run in console

i change the math.min to a math.max but still the pipes jam after 30px in each direction, how can i fix this?
Reply 32
copy/paste the whole thing into the console, but change math.min = 30px to something like math.min = 3000px and it will let you drag it further.
Can I get some help in 10. I have found the part of code that I need to change the function of. I am just not sure what part to change.

This is my code:
<form class="form" id="artForm" onsubmit="weasel(get('weasel').value, get('email').value, get('message').value); return false;">
<fieldset>
<label for="name">Your name:</label>
<input class="input-text" id="name" value="Poppy">
<label for="email">Your email address:</label>
<input class="input-text" id="email" value="[email protected]">
</fieldset>
I don't know what part to change

so on the page click ctrl+u you get page source then click ctrl+f and type weasel
you should see two results follow the second and you will find the correct function
also the bit in bold is supposed to name
Can someone show me the full method for 14? I am completely stuck I have found a link in the network inspection but I have not progressed.Thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 35
I need help with Q14 if anyone has completed or aleast started it :smile:))
task done
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mildfury
Hey i'm struggling on 11 and i've worked out that for 9 you use console for username and pass but i can't find a username other than one? I'll trade hints and tips for any of the other q's.
Also this may be a stupid question but im guessing Q14 only appears once you've finished all the other questions because i can't see it?

yeah with question eleven there is a code within the piece where it is a random set of about 5 letters then a capital then a word reverse the random letters and then add the capital to the end it should create a word then go into console type ShowFlag ("the word") and youll get the code
Original post by TigerLily81
yeah with question eleven there is a code within the piece where it is a random set of about 5 letters then a capital then a word reverse the random letters and then add the capital to the end it should create a word then go into console type ShowFlag ("the word") and youll get the code

legend thank you :smile:
Hi, can someone please help? I’ve discovered the QR code in Q3 but whenever I try and decode zxing says doesn’t recognise URL, any clues???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending