The Student Room Group

Psychology volunteering

I haven’t been planning in attending university at all but within the last month I’ve decided to apply for a psychology course. I feel I have to do some volunteering to put on my personal statement but obviously I haven’t had year 12 or the summer to do this as I wasn’t planning on applying. I am in year 13 now and would like to know if anyone knows of any volunteering I can do related to psychology or how I can link working in retail to a psychology course?
Reply 1
Original post by olivia.francesca
I haven’t been planning in attending university at all but within the last month I’ve decided to apply for a psychology course. I feel I have to do some volunteering to put on my personal statement but obviously I haven’t had year 12 or the summer to do this as I wasn’t planning on applying. I am in year 13 now and would like to know if anyone knows of any volunteering I can do related to psychology or how I can link working in retail to a psychology course?

I wouldn't bother doing volunteering just for the sake of putting it on a personal statement. Most of the other students I know didn't apply with relevant experience or volunteering anyway, and a lot of them told me they just lied about it. Just use what you've got.

Just don't link retail work to a psychology course. Link it to other things they'll be interested in, like time management, independence etc. It will show you're able to self reflect and have developed some of the skills needed for university study.
Original post by olivia.francesca

Psychology is an academic degree. You don’t need to do volunteering or mention work at all. Your PS should focus on your academic interests and activities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending