The Student Room Group

How to get over someone youve had a crush on for forever

Basically ive had a crush on this person for around 4 years and they go to my skl so i see them everyday, they knew i liked them but never in the slightest felt the same way back and they think ive gotten over them. Sometimes were really great friends and sometimes they're really nasty to me but bc i have a weakness for them i keep giving in. how can i loose feelings for them
Original post by yasminoacids
Basically ive had a crush on this person for around 4 years and they go to my skl so i see them everyday, they knew i liked them but never in the slightest felt the same way back and they think ive gotten over them. Sometimes were really great friends and sometimes they're really nasty to me but bc i have a weakness for them i keep giving in. how can i loose feelings for them

Well you know that's alright. First of all accept that you like them and it's completely normal. secondly are you sure they don't like you?
if yes Then think about why you like them and then try pointing out their negative sides.
If no then let them know how you feel.
But again if you are sure you only want to get rid of the feelings then mentally prepare yourself that you shouldn't go after people who don't feel the same about you. Maybe because of them you have been missing out on being with people who would actually reciprocate the feeling. Try as much as you can to ignore their presence and don't let them bother you. It is within yourself you'll find the control to your feelings.
Original post by MiaNash
Well you know that's alright. First of all accept that you like them and it's completely normal. secondly are you sure they don't like you?
if yes Then think about why you like them and then try pointing out their negative sides.
If no then let them know how you feel.
But again if you are sure you only want to get rid of the feelings then mentally prepare yourself that you shouldn't go after people who don't feel the same about you. Maybe because of them you have been missing out on being with people who would actually reciprocate the feeling. Try as much as you can to ignore their presence and don't let them bother you. It is within yourself you'll find the control to your feelings.

thank you so much that helps a lot ☺️❤️
Original post by yasminoacids

I’ve had someone who I’ve felt like this before but I’ve left my old school (in a dramatic way bc it was sudden) so igu;

After knowing i was about to leave I realised how much suffering he caused me over the years (he was a bully who was very hidden about his tactics) and then I literally started just focus on getting the grades I wanted and stop caring about school society bc I knew I wasn’t going to see most of those people again and oh my god that was relieving but also sad to know I spend so much effort time and worries on this person.

Best advice for you is just to tell them you used to have a crush on him (like past tense so you won’t get bullied for liking him or anything) and then if he says what a shame I like you atm then say you could try to make it work and if not you’ve told them the big news and you’ll find it easier to move on. Start focusing on yourself and on your grades, get new hobbies and get something that takes up your time. This way you’ll move on

Good luck with it
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve had someone who I’ve felt like this before but I’ve left my old school (in a dramatic way bc it was sudden) so igu;

After knowing i was about to leave I realised how much suffering he caused me over the years (he was a bully who was very hidden about his tactics) and then I literally started just focus on getting the grades I wanted and stop caring about school society bc I knew I wasn’t going to see most of those people again and oh my god that was relieving but also sad to know I spend so much effort time and worries on this person.

Best advice for you is just to tell them you used to have a crush on him (like past tense so you won’t get bullied for liking him or anything) and then if he says what a shame I like you atm then say you could try to make it work and if not you’ve told them the big news and you’ll find it easier to move on. Start focusing on yourself and on your grades, get new hobbies and get something that takes up your time. This way you’ll move on

Good luck with it

yea that’s true glad ygm it can be tough sometimes yk 😂❤️

Quick Reply

Latest