Randompanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey I am looking to sit advanced higher modern study and history as an external candidate but the centres I've looked at only do highers what should I do
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Randompanda)
Hey I am looking to sit advanced higher modern study and history as an external candidate but the centres I've looked at only do highers what should I do
Maybe try contacting high schools?

As an aside, both subjects require a dissertation. You'd have to discuss that somehow.
Randompanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Maybe try contacting high schools?

As an aside, both subjects require a dissertation. You'd have to discuss that somehow.
I have contacted a few high schools no reply yet, what do you mean by discussion?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Randompanda)
I have contacted a few high schools no reply yet, what do you mean by discussion?
Dissertations have certain deadlines, so you'd need to figure out how to submit them as well. It wouldn't just be an exam (as far as I'm aware).
fucthesqa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes that’s correct, I’m sitting Adv Higher Modern Studies this year and we have to complete a 5000 word dissertation and have been given deadlines.

(Original post by Quick-use)
Dissertations have certain deadlines, so you'd need to figure out how to submit them as well. It wouldn't just be an exam (as far as I'm aware).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads