PERVERT:

Practical issues
Ethical issues
Reliability
Validity
Examples
Representative
Theory
Nice acronym, but can you please explain what you mean with all of them.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RebmaKopy)
Nice acronym, but can you please explain what you mean with all of them.
Practical issues - Zimbardo's study had no control condition, location of the study has issues of validity. then there was the fact that Zimbardo himself implemented himself into the study - bad methodology
Ethical issues - lack of protection from harm and high levels of deception, issues of right to withdraw
Reliability - Asch's study is highly reliable, though is it reliable at this point in time? (aka. not the 50s)
Validity - again as mentioned with Zimbardo
Examples - self explanatory, things I've mentioned here, don't just state the issues but give examples of them
Representative - both studies were mostly on students I believe + the time they were studied for representative of students today
Theory - SLT and behavioursm etc.
RebmaKopy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Practical issues - Zimbardo's study had no control condition, location of the study has issues of validity. then there was the fact that Zimbardo himself implemented himself into the study - bad methodology
Ethical issues - lack of protection from harm and high levels of deception, issues of right to withdraw
Reliability - Asch's study is highly reliable, though is it reliable at this point in time? (aka. not the 50s)
Validity - again as mentioned with Zimbardo
Examples - self explanatory, things I've mentioned here, don't just state the issues but give examples of them
Representative - both studies were mostly on students I believe + the time they were studied for representative of students today
Theory - SLT and behavioursm etc.
Being a bit stupid here but does SLT mean Social Learning Theory and if so what does it have to do with the studies?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RebmaKopy)
Being a bit stupid here but does SLT mean Social Learning Theory and if so what does it have to do with the studies?
SLT doesn't really have anything to do with above studies, I just meant generally as a theory of psychology. for the above:

Zimbardo - deindivudation, situation over disposition, learned helplessness
Asch - conformity
RebmaKopy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
SLT doesn't really have anything to do with above studies, I just meant generally as a theory of psychology. for the above:

Zimbardo - deindivudation, situation over disposition, learned helplessness
Asch - conformity
Ohhh okay, thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed