The Student Room Group

Applying for NMC pin with drink driving conviction.

I have submitted my application for my nmc pin and disclosed a drink driving offence from 2013. They have asked for a letter from uni stating I disclosed the conviction, a letter from my gp confirming I have no history of alcohol or drug dependencies and that in their opinion I am fit to practice, and a statement from me giving an account of what happened and a reflection. I have submitted everything and the confirmation email states I will receive a decision within 3 months of the date I submitted my application. I am just wondering if anyone has went through the same thing or anything similar and how long it took. Is the three months accurate or more of a max timescale? I am die to start my post next month, and would be due to hand my notice in to my current job so I'm curious if I should ask to extend the start date until December or is it likely the decision will be quicker?
Hello, im too still waiting to hear back from NMC regarding a conviction in 2008. Have you heard back at all???
Original post by Ffion2212
Hello, im too still waiting to hear back from NMC regarding a conviction in 2008. Have you heard back at all???

Did you hear back? How long did it take?
Reply 3
Can you please update this with what happened ?
Reply 4
Original post by tinks0304
Did you hear back? How long did it take?

Have you heard back?
Reply 5
Sorry I didn't receive any notifications. I submitted all the documentation by the deadline and received an email 3 days later confirming my pin was live.
Reply 6
Original post by Ffion2212

Can I ask how long it took you guys to hear? And what your convictions were for I’m in the same position
Reply 7
Same here I’ve got a double homicide conviction as well as 2 petty thefts on my record I’m wondering how it turned out
Original post by Grad20
Have you just applied for your PIN ?

lol I think/hope the person you quoted was joking :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Chief Wiggum

The petty thefts were a joke yes don’t worry I would never steal :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Me 2!!

Quick Reply