I feel so ugly :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
At my work place, they’ve got mirrors every where ( a clothing retailer btw) and whenever I walk past them and see a glimpse of myself it just ruins my whole day because I just see how I ugly I am.
I know everyone’s beautiful but I just can’t seem to accept myself especially when I see other people my age and they’re so pretty.
I just hate my face,skin and my weight
I just don’t like how I look at all and even if I try to improve myself by exercising eating healthier,changing my style I still look the same.
It’s gotten to the point that I can’t even leave the house without makeup. Even if it’s a tiny amount,I still have to wear it.
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’re measuring yourself against another person’s image of attractiveness, how did that happen ? I wonder whether you’ve considered others have measured themselves against your positive attributes and felt wanting?
artist905
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you have a photo you can post anonymously on imgbb.co so we can give constructive criticism? (you may not need any)
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People always forget we massively underage ourselves and see everything that’s wrong with ourselves.

People who look at us don’t even realise
Anonymous #1
I feel like it’s just me and my own under-confidence
I don’t really feel comfortable posting a photo
But because I’ve been told I’m slightly overweight idk I just feel so self conscious when I see myself but then everyone else tells me I look like a normal sized person of my age but it’s just me who doesn’t see myself that way
Yh true I really need to stop comparing myself but it’s so difficult
I doubt anyone has ever measured themselves against my positive attributes to be honest
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At my work place, they’ve got mirrors every where ( a clothing retailer btw) and whenever I walk past them and see a glimpse of myself it just ruins my whole day because I just see how I ugly I am.
I know everyone’s beautiful but I just can’t seem to accept myself especially when I see other people my age and they’re so pretty.
I just hate my face,skin and my weight
I just don’t like how I look at all and even if I try to improve myself by exercising eating healthier,changing my style I still look the same.
It’s gotten to the point that I can’t even leave the house without makeup. Even if it’s a tiny amount,I still have to wear it.
If weight is a problem, sort yourself out and get fit. It's a big commitment and takes time. It's exactly as difficult as it should be to prove you're worthy of change.
Your skin is going to be ****; you're a teenager. Sorry, it's biology. Improving overall health may have an effect on skin health, but the best you can hope for is a reduction - hormones aren't going to go anywhere. Take care of it as best you can and buckle in for a long haul.
You probably can't change your face at will as if your father was a Jewish plastic surgeon, so you're stuck with that too. Something you could try is getting a different hair cut/colour to something that better suits your face-shape.

Maybe your style just sucks tbh?

Maybe you're irrationally self-conscious, it is entirely possible for this to be the root cause of poor self-expression in the style realm. What do you think?
Anonymous #1
Yh what you’ve said is the completely truth
True but I’m always told I look a year older than I actually am when I’d rather look a year younger but I think it’s my style that makes me look older because I’m always wearing oversized clothes to hide my body shape
True I’m going to try and make changes to my diet and eat a bit healthier and go on walks
Nowadays it’s harder to go to the gym just because all I do is study and go to to work and sleep
True I’m trying to accept my face just because I know I can never change it but I just don’t like my skin and it’s hyperpigmentation around my mouth that doesn’t seem to go and I don’t get as many spots as I used to
Yh I think it is my style because I always go for clothes that are oversized just to hide how I look in a way when I should be wearing what fits me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise