The Student Room Group

Is anyone else like this?

I am really unattractive so it's natural that no woman wants to be with me.

But at the same time, I wouldn't want anyone to settle for me. I'd rather be alone than with someone who couldn't get the guy they wanted so they settled for me.

Is this petty? do you disagree with it?
Original post by Anonymous

But at the same time, I wouldn't want anyone to settle for me. I'd rather be alone than with someone who couldn't get the guy they wanted so they settled for me.

hey that's not a really good mindset to have. everyone is attractive in their own way and if some women don't like you, doesn't mean all don't. there are girls who look at a person's personality
My BF still thinks of himself that way, despite the fact that I wouldn’t be with anyone else
The late great Bruce Forsyth wasn't blessed with the most naturally traditionally accepted good looks.

But that never held him back in anything. Including him marrying a sweet and charming woman who was an ex Miss World.

Hey don’t say this because god (Allah swt) has created every one beautiful. Be confident in yourself and believe in yourself and i am sure u will find your soul mate, you should like someone’s personality not their looks . Btw how old are u and what ethnicity u belong from if u dont mind asking me:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
It's really difficult (if not impossible) to look past a person's looks. Maybe it's different for older women Idk. But so far I have had horrible experiences.
Reply 6
Original post by princess770
Hey don’t say this because god (Allah swt) has created every one beautiful. Be confident in yourself and believe in yourself and i am sure u will find your soul mate, you should like someone’s personality not their looks . Btw how old are u and what ethnicity u belong from if u dont mind asking me:smile:

21 White

I am not religious either, sorry.
Reply 7
As someone who was very clearly "settled for" in my only serious relationship thusfar, I feel that. Since that ended (three years ago) I just haven't even bothered to pursue relationships in any way.
My mum calls me handsome so I just go with it 🥰🥰
Original post by OR321

Aww thats so sweet.
21 White

I am not religious either, sorry.

You don’t have to be religious, its about personal belief for example i wouldn’t marry someone just cuz he rich or handsome. I believe personality is more important than looks.🙂
Original post by OR321

My mum thinks my first name is ugly. 😌😌😌😌
Original post by Dunya
My mum thinks my first name is ugly. 😌😌😌😌

Can’t relate. Sorry 😔
Original post by OR321
Can’t relate. Sorry 😔

Always knew parents have favourites 🙄
Original post by Dunya
Always knew parents have favourites 🙄

She calls me handsome for sympathy. Her fav is actually my other sibling 😤