Computer Science at University of Liverpool

Watch
Matouš
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I went to the University of Liverpool open day recently and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the course and how good was the teaching.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Matouš)
Hi,
I went to the University of Liverpool open day recently and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the course and how good was the teaching.
I'm currently a student there and studying CS... I would say the teaching is fair/decent/average. And, like most Universities, we have the not so good and the good lecturers. 101 (idk about 105) a very good lecturer, i liked that lecturer. The math lecturers for Computer Science were good - in Year 1... apart from the COMP 116 lecturer. But, if you've done A-Level Maths then all the math is pretty much the same or a few bits to learn on top of A-Level Maths and straight forward. 107 lecturer is boring (not so... g..). 108 is lecturer is average. java lecturer isn't bright and Comp System is decent.

And like any other universities, they might change the lecturers. The background of some lecturers also used to teach at other universities and other international universities, like one of the lecturers used to teach at Uni of Oxford and other lecturers going to other universities like in Australia/China/Russia etc...

But on the whole, decent and average. Most of them are international lecturers/professors from different countries so, cant really judge much. Idk how good they are compared to other universities. To be fair, it's hard to compare lecturers from uni to uni as professors all just move around/rotate - maybe lecturers rotate because its a Russell Group university which has money pouring into research. But, most of the lecturers I've had are international - just like any university though, so... Hope this helps.

Rarely any uni of liv students ( or probs uni students in general) use student room, too busy partying, a better contact would be using facebook groups lmao. :beer:
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently a student there and studying CS... I would say the teaching is fair/decent/average. And, like most Universities, we have the not so good and the good lecturers. 101 (idk about 105) a very good lecturer, i liked that lecturer. The math lecturers for Computer Science were good - in Year 1... apart from the COMP 116 lecturer. But, if you've done A-Level Maths then all the math is pretty much the same or a few bits to learn on top of A-Level Maths and straight forward. 107 lecturer is boring (not so... g..). 108 is lecturer is average. java lecturer isn't bright and Comp System is decent.

And like any other universities, they might change the lecturers. The background of some lecturers also used to teach at other universities and other international universities, like one of the lecturers used to teach at Uni of Oxford and other lecturers going to other universities like in Australia/China/Russia etc...

But on the whole, decent and average. Most of them are international lecturers/professors from different countries so, cant really judge much. Idk how good they are compared to other universities. To be fair, it's hard to compare lecturers from uni to uni as professors all just move around/rotate - maybe lecturers rotate because its a Russell Group university which has money pouring into research. But, most of the lecturers I've had are international - just like any university though, so... Hope this helps.

Rarely any uni of liv students ( or probs uni students in general) use student room, too busy partying, a better contact would be using facebook groups lmao. :beer:
and by the way, the one that taught at uni of oxford, isn't so good - and that lecturer is just like the rest of them - average, sometimes good sometimes bad at explaining.
abc12345defg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I have applied for this course next year, what laptop do you use? Would you recommend windows or Mac? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed