Watch
This discussion is closed.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Get a grip they defaced a flag. Am sure if you and your master catch them then they will ruin them for life, re educate them or make them disappear.
You see this is where you are misguided, the only things you ever post are anti western anti HK and anti white people posts, always with spin on them to ramp up the hatred. I hardly ever see anyone except you on here post about China, which is why you stand out.

I am rather more surprised you dont inspire more anti Chinese posts as you are a very poor representative for them and everything that is wrong with the country.
Care to explain this?

williamho
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
the Hong Kong youth , rioters, are frustrated that their demands which are not being met.
so they will beat up anyone who oppose them.

as a crowd the rioters feel strong.
but as an individual they feel weak and vulnerable.

This shows that the rioters have no respect for any one else, apart from themselves. And they do not protect the weak and underprivileged.

if you challenge them, they could only repeat the same demands. like a parrot.
if you asks them to explain their demands, they still repeat like a parrot.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
pro democracy protesters burn a "communist" nation's flag - why is this so surprising? We need bring back the good old days

Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
"he could not believe how so many young people now thought it was acceptable to break the law if a cause was "right"."

You're probably trying to use this quote to fuel your argument but... that's just funny.

(Original post by williamho)
It is not a case of anti China. Hong Kong has been handed back to China after 1997.

Hong Kong was on lease to the British. And since the lease has expired. It is the owner taking back of the land.

Such as a renting a house. The house belongs to the owner and not to the people renting it

So if the Hong Kong people still feels unhappy, since 1997 please comes to the UK. The land of cold...raining and lots of fish and chips.
For the sake of accuracy, the New Territories were on lease. When that expired, the UK was technically under no legal obligation to return Hong Kong Island which is where much of the rioting is happening, although not doing so would've undoubtedly caused problematic divides.
You seem to be arguing that they cannot be anti-China because it is technically their government. Have you never heard of anti-government protests in your life?
(actually I guess not, they'd have all been shot or 'disappeared' if they were on the mainland)
There's nobody alive in Hong Kong who would have been alive before the start of the 1898 lease. From their perspective, they speak a different language, they've had a different form of government, different civil rights, and a different history to that of mainland China. But they're certainly not British either. And whilst nothing's been said from the Chinese government about what will happen once the 50 year grace period expires, I'd understand if there was a sense of impending doom about it.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
BREAKING: Hong Kong cancels fight for freedom, human rights, democracy; forgives the arbitrary arrests including the arrest of multiple primary schoolchildren, the intense head-shots including the complete loss of a first-aider's eye; forgets the 8 lives lost in order to prepare for a visit from a prospect tourist
I don't know why you're having a breakdown while you quote me...

But now that you mention it...care to tell me how the most recent kick off is about human rights??? What recent bill or law jeopardises their human rights? This is no rhetorical question; this is only the perfect time for a know it all to prove how intelligent they actually are and inform someone deemed unintelligent.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
the Hong Kong youth , rioters, are frustrated that their demands which are not being met.

This shows that the rioters have no respect for any one else, apart from themselves. And they do not protect the weak and underprivileged.

Unfortunately no one will see this. They act like they care about Hong Kong but somehow overlook everyone getting hurt for no reason. They don't care who suffers as long as someone takes a shot at China because they live in a country that's scared of China. Now I personally don't give a **** what happens to China or Hong Kong, they ain't my problem! But it's sickening seeing the people who pretend to care that innocent lives are in danger over some stupid bill.
Welshvisitor
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think many of them would want to come here, but sadly they can’t.
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
China is a great country, famous for its amazing human rights record. Oh, wait.

"China footage reveals hundreds of blindfolded and shackled prisoners
Video shows what appear to be Uighur or other minority prisoners led away by police"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1569232599
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Name:  83.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  133.5 KB

Eco friendly at every level, the vision of every Watermelon. They'll be celebrating 70 years of Communism in China next week, will there be a cake?
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It is not a case of anti China. Hong Kong has been handed back to China after 1997.

Hong Kong was on lease to the British. And since the lease has expired. It is the owner taking back of the land.

Such as a renting a house. The house belongs to the owner and not to the people renting it

So if the Hong Kong people still feels unhappy, since 1997 please comes to the UK. The land of cold...raining and lots of fish and chips.
Hong Kong Island was not leased, it was ceded.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
sounds too weird...I do hope people would have read up the history of Hong Kong

Hong Kong never had democracy, even when it was under a British rule. For over 200 years +

Where does people thoughts comes from ? Democracy and Hong Kong. Oh...the last Governor Chris Pattern did mentioned it before he left Hong Kong. And also rights to a UK residency

A lot of people needs to realise that for every colony the British government leaves behind. The UK Government have always left the colony in a worst state than before. India, Malaysia, Singapore etc.
And Hong Kong is no exception.
Before the British came to Hong Kong Island, it had a handful of small villages on it. When it was transferred to the PR of China, it was by itself a major world economy, with a GDP per capita higher than most successful developed countries and one of the world's greatest cities.

To make the statement you have just looks bonkers.

If the Hong Kong people still persists for their democracy. They should go to the British Consulate in Hong Kong and demand for the UK passport and their UK residency. After all the last Governor Chris Pattern owes this to every Hong Kong people.

Or, they could, y'know, actually fight to make their country better.

In any case, I'm not sure where this suggestion Chris Patten promised all Hong Kongers full British nationality with right to residence in the UK. I'm prepared to stand corrected, but I don't believe that was ever any sort of policy. Obviously there are a significant number of people in HK with one form of British nationality or another, but that's quite different.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Yeah, and you're supporting a murderous tyranny against simple demands for basic human rights and democracy.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Well they could if they wanted to, I think they are worried though about international recognition
Social Media can sometimes be a good thing
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
sounds too weird...I do hope people would have read up the history of Hong Kong

Hong Kong never had democracy, even when it was under a British rule. For over 200 years +

Where does people thoughts comes from ? Democracy and Hong Kong. Oh...the last Governor Chris Pattern did mentioned it before he left Hong Kong. And also rights to a UK residency

A lot of people needs to realise that for every colony the British government leaves behind. The UK Government have always left the colony in a worst state than before. India, Malaysia, Singapore etc.
And Hong Kong is no exception.

Hong Kong people can vote for the law makers, the district councillors etc But not the chief executive of Hong Kong

The chief executive of Hong Kong is voted in by 1200 of the richest people + intellectuals of Hong Kong.
Not by the common people Tom, **** and Harry.

As for the human right issue.

Please could you tell me, which law has changed in Hong Kong, which has affected the Human Rights in Hong Kong.
Since the handover 1997, no law has changed. It is still the same Basic Law.
So why is the common people of Hong Kong is saying their Human Rights has changed ?

It is delusional Thinking that the Hong Kong people have lost their democracy and Human Rights.

If the Hong Kong people still persists for their democracy. They should go to the British Consulate in Hong Kong and demand for the UK passport and their UK residency. After all the last Governor Chris Pattern owes this to every Hong Kong people.
You should read up on Hong Kong's history indeed.

By Patten, Hong Kong had a completely democratically elected legislature. China refused to recognize and reverted it to 50% That's not Hong Kong's democracy being eroded?

In 1999, the elected urban councils were abolished. That's not an erocsion of Hong Kong's democracy?

Then a few years ago, *elected* legislators and candidates standing in elections were disqualified from office. That's not an erosion of Hong Kong's democracy? There were even legislators that were allowed to stand for years, and suddenly not allowed. That's a clear erosion of democracy.

Then Hong Kong National Party became the first *banned* party. The *first* one in Hong Kong's history. If that's not an erosion of Hong Kong's democracy, I don't know what is.

Hong Kong was left in a worse state than before? Are you serious? Hong Kong in 1997 was worse than Hong Kong in 1839? I have to laugh.

As for human rights, the Basic Law wasn't in force before 1997, so why are you bringing that into the conversation of a comparison of before and after the handover?

A lot of laws were indeed from the colonial era, yes, but that justified what? The Hong Kong government using those colonial powers set up a hundred years ago is a clear erosion of Hong Kongers' human rights.

How about the Hong Kong police's first use of teargas, and on peaceful protesters during the Umbrella Movement? That was the *first* use of it. UK never used that.

How about the police's *first* use of rubber bullets and pellets on unarmed protesters? Once again, UK never used them.

How about the fact that *breasts* are now ruled by a court to he a "weapon"? UK never tried criminalizing women for having breasts.

How about the arbitrary arrests in the past months? That never happened either. UK never arrested patients for having asthma medication, never arrested anyone for buying laser pens, never arrested literal primary schoolchildren for "rioting". They never targeted ambulances and first-aiders.

And "no law has changed"? You're seriously claiming that for more than 20 years, no law in Hong Kong has changed?? Are you dumb?

You're completely delusional. Are you the Chinese ambassador himself? Not to mention your entire argument was that "if Hong Kong hedge had it, it should never ever have it". Well, guess what? Universal suffrage is promised by China in the Basic Law.
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Unfortunately no one will see this. They act like they care about Hong Kong but somehow overlook everyone getting hurt for no reason. They don't care who suffers as long as someone takes a shot at China because they live in a country that's scared of China. Now I personally don't give a **** what happens to China or Hong Kong, they ain't my problem! But it's sickening seeing the people who pretend to care that innocent lives are in danger over some stupid bill.
Innocent lives like the literal primary schoolchildren the police arrested? Or the 8 lives lost to stop the government from pushing this stupid bill?
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

The weak and underprivileged like Carrie Lam and the pro-Beijing CEOs and billionaires?

Or the primary schoolchildren the police arrested, the secondary schoolchildren the police harassed, the elderly people the people attacked, the women the police shot?
williamho
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
please could you supply the names of the 8 lives lost

and why are the primary schoolchildren being arrested by the police ? Was those primary school children rioting ?

please show the medical details, of the evidence the woman was shot by the police ?

Just a note , i am in Hong Kong.
williamho
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
and at the same time, please get the British Government to hand out the UK passport and UK residency to the Hong Kong people.

If the UK Government wants to help out
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (51)
40.8%
Take autumn exams (46)
36.8%
Look for a job (2)
1.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.4%
Take a year out (15)
12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.4%

Watched Threads