Hong Kong rioters desecrate Chinese flag

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Mong Kok and East Tsim Sha Tsui, congratulations. You are the 19th and 20th stations to close down.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Lok Fu, congratulations.
21 stations closed down as of now.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Tsuen Wan Line, congratulations! You are the first line to be shut down completely!
24 closed down now.
The protests are still escalating.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Congratulations to HKU and Sha Tin Wai.
Protests are still escalating, and 26/93 stations (28%) are closed. Fortunately I have stocked up earlier.
No one can imagine how Hong Kong has become now.
Last edited by 8013; 9 months ago
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
No one can imagine how Hong Kong has become now.
Talk to Northern Irish folk from the 70s...
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The CBD has closed down now. Congratulations, Central.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Latest update: Stations with an X have closed down.Name:  IMG_0002.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  148.0 KB
Last edited by 8013; 9 months ago
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Name:  IMG_0002.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  151.3 KB
TCA2b
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Mayuxue)
I am kind of feeling there’s biases on both sides. We seem to have both PRC nationalists and Chinese haters here. However, there is never anybody in between. As in somebody who has looked up facts for why both China and Hong Kong are in the wrong.
There isn't always an in-between, especially insofar as an authoritarian government like China's is concerned. It's less about hatred of the Chinese and more to do with their government's actions.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I am from HK. Very heartbroken and scared to go out, as I know that almost every district has a protest today. It is the Chinese national day.
As of now, 17 MTR stations (including the station closest to my home) and plenty of shopping malls are closed, and I am forced to close all of my windows to prevent tear smoke from entering my apartment.
Indeed it is heartbreaking to see the destruction that rioters are causing. They are hurting their fellow Hong Kong residents, just to spite their fellow Chinese.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Indeed it is heartbreaking to see the destruction that rioters are causing. They are hurting their fellow Hong Kong residents, just to spite their fellow Chinese.
And how are Human Right in China are the Muslims enjoy their re-education in the holiday camps.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ional-training
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by looloo2134)
And how are Human Right in China are the Muslims enjoy their re-education in the holiday camps.

Guantanamo Bay.
Nuttyy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Guantanamo Bay.
Typical strawman from the Chinese Bot. Can't face arguments, so has to deflect the blame. Op didn't say the US hasn't got gross negligence of human rights in such institutions. Merely saying that one side does bad so the other can also do it is, the most ridiculous argument I've seen.

Well tbh.. Can't expect rational responses from a person who blatenty edits news articles to their favour and cites them as original can we.. AngeryPenguin?
Last edited by Nuttyy; 9 months ago
I Luen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Wow this is getting increasingly intense😂
999tigger
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)

Well tbh.. Can't expect rational responses from a person who blatenty edits news articles to their favour and cites them as original can we.. AngeryPenguin?
Angery penguins answer lately always seems to be Guantanamo Bay as though that explains everything. Comical. This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by looloo2134)

Guantanamo Bay.
Is this an acknowledgement of China's hr abuses?
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.
It has to be an anti-China troll because no one else in the history of TSR has contributed to anti-China sentiment than this puppet. Otherwise, I think a performance review is urgently needed by his Chinese handlers.
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Angery penguins answer lately always seems to be Guantanamo Bay as though that explains everything. Comical. This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.
Literally just said it twice, in two instances where it was needed.

The issue with you is that you are following me around like a madman. Just block me if you don't like what I'm saying.
(Original post by Ascend)
Is this an acknowledgement of China's hr abuses?
China has committed some number of abuses in it's history, sure. Whether they were justified or not remains debatable - this forum seems to lean a certain way.

But the West is talked about here as though it is objectively "free" and always respects human rights and doesn't censor. That is the hypocrisy which I sometimes point out, and which has a handful of very dedicated posters riled up.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
China has committed some number of abuses in it's history, sure. Whether they were justified or not remains debatable - this forum seems to lean a certain way.
You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?

Also, can you describe what those "abuses in its history" were?
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ascend)
You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?

Also, can you describe what those "abuses in its history" were?
For instance, the cultural revolution - in fact, it is officially regarded as a tragedy.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (51)
40.8%
Take autumn exams (46)
36.8%
Look for a job (2)
1.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.4%
Take a year out (15)
12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.4%

Watched Threads