The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hong Kong should just be an independent nation. This China/Hong Kong situation is nothing more than an abusive relationship.
Reply 81
Original post by AngeryPenguin
For instance, the cultural revolution - in fact, it is officially regarded as a tragedy.

I'll repeat: You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?
Reply 82
My pilot training class tonight has cancelled as the organiser is worried about the protests which may happen tonight. Also, to get home as soon as possible, I got on the first bus which can make it to my home. My fare to go home normally is HK$7.2 (£0.74) or 7.8 (£0.81)(4.3 or 4.9 bus+2.9 train), but today it is HK$8.8 (£0.91). However, it is worth the premium.
Reply 83
15701800000541191781600283390212.jpg
Fortunately, I am getting off now.
Reply 84
An anti mask law has announced today.
Original post by 999tigger
Get a grip they defaced a flag. Am sure if you and your master catch them then they will ruin them for life, re educate them or make them disappear.
You see this is where you are misguided, the only things you ever post are anti western anti HK and anti white people posts, always with spin on them to ramp up the hatred. I hardly ever see anyone except you on here post about China, which is why you stand out.

I am rather more surprised you dont inspire more anti Chinese posts as you are a very poor representative for them and everything that is wrong with the country.

PRSOM
Reply 86
Maby we should offer them a way to rejoin the empire....
Original post by B92_uk
Maby we should offer them a way to rejoin the empire....

:frown: Absolutely. Most definitely.
And I think they should hire the combined mass bands with their world renowned musicianship of the Brigade of Guards, RAF, and Royal Marines to play Imperial Echoes and Bond of Friendship on the old parade ground in Hong Kong so all of China can hear : and what can we march off with ....how about Kenneth Alford's The Vedette (one who is always watching). Oh, where did I leave my pith hat dear ?

" In the twenties, Chinese Republican leader Sun Yat-Sen said how impressed he was that it had taken the British less than a century to turn Hong Kong into a thriving port when it had a barren rock under Chinese rule.
How long will it be before HK is again because the Chinese regard ideological purity as more important than freedom or prosperity " - from, no less, the letters section of the one and only Daily Mail of last week.
Comments on that ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Activists in Hong Kong have desecrated a Chinese flag and vandalised a shopping centre on the 16th straight weekend of wanton violence by anti-government "protests".

Shocking video evidence shows a Chinese flag being trampled by protesters before being carried out and thrown into a river.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49787134

Even BBC news cannot deny the reality of violence by the rioters. Will the anti-China bots on TSR now accuse them of being Beijing propaganda too?

We should offer them unconditional citizenship so anyone who wants to live in a western system can do.
Reply 89
Original post by UnclePete

" In the twenties, Chinese Republican leader Sun Yat-Sen said how impressed he was that it had taken the British less than a century to turn Hong Kong into a thriving port when it had a barren rock under Chinese rule.
How long will it be before HK is again because the Chinese regard ideological purity as more important than freedom or prosperity " - from, no less, the letters section of the one and only Daily Mail of last week.
Comments on that ?

In fairness, we also turned it into the preeminent drug exporting empire in the world..
Reply 90
Original post by Ascend
I'll repeat: You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?

China almost certainly is committing human rights violations

Latest

Trending

Trending