Jjjer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi

Does anyone know if Bristol uni is as good and as well respected for management as much as Warwick and bath because same AAA requirements but it is much lower in the league tables

Thanks
Anonymous_4657
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  fullsizeoutput_af4.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  142.8 KB
Attached files
Anonymous_4657
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Here is the other half of the league table:
Attached files
Anonymous_4657
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Here is the other half of the league table, Bristol is at 20th place:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 10.59.01.png
Views: 6
Size:  121.9 KB
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rankings are nonsense, and no way to choose a Uni. This ranking could be based on stuff like postgraduate research output, and nothing to do with undergrad teaching/courses. It doesn't tell you anything meaningful about the course or the Uni.

The only way to choose a Uni/course is to look at the course content (all 3 years), and go and visit the Uni. What appeals to one person wont suit another. 'Ranking' does not guarantee that you will enjoy the course or the Uni, or that you will get your dream job at the end of it. Remember - its still possible to be totally miserable at a so-called prestigious Uni. Choose carefully based on your needs, comforts and interests.
Jjjer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Rankings are nonsense, and no way to choose a Uni. This ranking could be based on stuff like postgraduate research output, and nothing to do with undergrad teaching/courses. It doesn't tell you anything meaningful about the course or the Uni.

The only way to choose a Uni/course is to look at the course content (all 3 years), and go and visit the Uni. What appeals to one person wont suit another. 'Ranking' does not guarantee that you will enjoy the course or the Uni, or that you will get your dream job at the end of it. Remember - its still possible to be totally miserable at a so-called prestigious Uni. Choose carefully based on your needs, comforts and interests.
Thanks very much I like Bristol that’s why I was wondering but I want a uni that I like but also very good. Do you know how good Bristol is for management?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise