jka267
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
does anyone know what universities allow BTEC level 3 applied science (double) and a social science a level to do a dental hygienist and therapist course?
TheMolarBear
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there, I had a little look for you online but I'm afraid I'm not really sure. I'd say the easiest way to find out is to email/call the admissions for each uni as they're all going to be different! I can see many of them will accept BTEC in lieu of A Levels - for example UCLan says: "BTEC extended diploma in applied science achieved at D*D*D or above will be accepted as an alternative to A-levels."
But I can't seem to find anything about doing the double and an A Level in combination.
Sorry that's not much help! I might be able to help with other questions you may have about the career if you have any. But my advice would be just to start contacting each uni for the most reliable info. Good luck!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Unlikely, but its worth emailing Unis to find out - include details of all the units you are doing in Applied Science.

This is a professional course and needs A level standard science knowledge/skills, preferably in Biology. For Portsmouth the requirement is 120 points from 3 A levels including 40 points from a pure Science subject. Other Unis insist on A level Biology.

However, you could do A level Biology or an Access to HE (Biology focused) next year and then apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.71%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.74%
I don't think they'd understand (27)
18.12%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
36.91%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.52%

Watched Threads