The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Don't think you get them until results are out and your offer is confirmed.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I got mine yesterday. I have an unconditional offer though so it may be as the above poster said.
Flawed
I got mine yesterday. I have an unconditional offer though so it may be as the above poster said.

Oooh what sort of stuff is in the pack?
Reply 4
mollymustard
Oooh what sort of stuff is in the pack?

A welcome letter

Registration pack (including a registration timetable for all courses), some application forms for payment, ucard, etc.

Some street maps showing where all the university buildings are located

A welcome book/guide which has an intro week plan, university contract, student services guide etc. The guide to intro week is much better than the (current) website with a bigger list of events/venues and even some events listed in early September which aren't mentioned at all on the website.

An offer to join the gym for a reduced rate (£150 off peak or £240)

An invitation letter/application form for your parents or guardians to join a "Friends & Family Programme".

Some envelopes to return forms to them (postage not paid).
Reply 5
I got mine aswell on monday. But that's because I'm on a gap year, you'll receive one after your place becomes unconditional.
Reply 6
ahh i had a feeling i had to wait till august to get it... Thanks
Reply 7
lol @ the "Friends & Family program"..

Basically its a little social group for those parents that can't quite let go..
Reply 8
Reue

i didnt even show my mom that thing, coz i knew she'd imagine it to be some kind of PTA@Uni type thing and want to join haha
Reply 9
hahaha. I didnt show my parents it, but for an entirely different reason in that they couldnt have cared less about it :P

I think they held a party once they could turn my old bedroom into an office.
Reply 10
Reue

So my mother then! I really hope I can dissuade her from the idea over summer.

As for the forms, I looked at them all and died a little inside. I haven't even got my loan application sorted yet (terrible and appalling I know) and that little lot landed in my letterbox. Oh yay.
Reply 11
georgia
So my mother then! I really hope I can dissuade her from the idea over summer.

As for the forms, I looked at them all and died a little inside. I haven't even got my loan application sorted yet (terrible and appalling I know) and that little lot landed in my letterbox. Oh yay.

dont worry, you've got AGES to fill it out, one of my flatmates didnt fill out the ucard one and just did it on registration day, not recommended but yeh do liek one form a month or something ahah
I've got an unconditional and haven't gotten it yet!!
Maybe because I'm overseas...
Reply 13
cynthiahxp

I haven't also received anything yet, eventhough i have an unconditional offer :frown:

-----
www.homelyapartments.co.uk
Serviced Apartments and Short term lettings! Apartments
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
dimitris18
I haven't also received anything yet, eventhough i have an unconditional offer :frown:

they'll just have started posting them out don't worry, if you haven't got them by early september then maybe ask a few questions hhaa
Reply 15
cynthiahxp

They are busy turning S's into Z's, deleting U's and needlessly adding "ten" onto the "got"s so you won't need a translator :smile:
Haha, I'm actually pretty up to par on my English-isms, use them myself!
This is discrimination :mad:
( I kid, I kid, before I get internet b.tch slaps)
I've recieved it now!!
Woot woot, it's a crapload of information to get through though!!

Latest

Trending

Trending