Quitting my charity shop job, so I can apply to a paying job. Watch

BytesofCookies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I've been volunteering at a charity shop, mostly for experience, for about 3 months now. But now I want to apply for a paying job so that I can start to save up for a car. But I don't know if its a good idea, or if it would be rude to leave so soon after starting. So do you think they would understand me leaving? Or should I stay there for a bit longer?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should apply for a job first and if you get the job, just say write to your job that you have another job that will help you in the future or something like that. Also 3 months isnt so soon after starting.
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It may sound bad but you’re not obliged to stay at the charity shop. Ik it’s a good thing but 3 months of unpaid work is just too much tbh
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BytesofCookies)
So I've been volunteering at a charity shop, mostly for experience, for about 3 months now. But now I want to apply for a paying job so that I can start to save up for a car. But I don't know if its a good idea, or if it would be rude to leave so soon after starting. So do you think they would understand me leaving? Or should I stay there for a bit longer?
They wont care and if they are any sort of decent humans they will understand you saving for a car.

Good luck
BytesofCookies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks guys for the opinions. I think i'll start looking for a job, and if I get any offers i'll let them know that I've found a job elsewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads