ariyanrecardo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can I become a lawyer without doing a gdl, if I study economics with law at university.
Well honestly becoming a lawyer has always been a dream of mine, so after graduating can i apply straight for TC or do I have to do a gdl
Also I am study economics with law at Plymouth
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ariyanrecardo)
Can I become a lawyer without doing a gdl, if I study economics with law at university.
Well honestly becoming a lawyer has always been a dream of mine, so after graduating can i apply straight for TC or do I have to do a gdl
Yes you can if you are following the SQE route which is expected to start in 2021.
It will still be very competitive though in terms of the class of degree, varying relevant subject, uni and experience.
You will be able top choose the GDL or SQE route.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ariyanrecardo)
If being a lawyer has always been a dream of yours, you should know that an LLB is a better choice than a BSc for an aspiring solicitor who wants to qualify as soon as possible.

The BSc at Plymouth is more focused on Economics that Law so you will need to do a GDL or preparation course for the SQE, and once you have passed that you will need to do a one year LPC before being able to start a TC
ariyanrecardo
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
If being a lawyer has always been a dream of yours, you should know that an LLB is a better choice than a BSc for an aspiring solicitor who wants to qualify as soon as possible.

The BSc at Plymouth is more focused on Economics that Law so you will need to do a GDL or preparation course for the SQE, and once you have passed that you will need to do a one year LPC before being able to start a TC
Damn had no idea
ariyanrecardo
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)

Damn had no idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads