Tarzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a 19 year old full time college student, and I have a fiance, I live with my parents
My mom forces me to babysit my 4 younger brothers everyday and its seriously affecting me and my partner's relationship
We used to see each other 3/4 times a week
Now I see him once a week if I'm lucky

My mom has always made me babysit since the age of 14, and now shes ruining my life by forbidding my freedom

I have no friends and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed out... stupid isn't it?
I'm 19 and I still get treated like a child

She goes to different classes everyday of the week whether its art classes, writing classes, pottery classes, guitar classes

I'm really sick of it , its making my depression worse and I feel my anxiety is getting worse
My relationship is at make or break point because we hardly get to see each other so its like there is no point even being together

I go to college 3 days a week , 8:45- 16/17 so i have no time to myself after college and I have no time on my days off

Im currently unemployed and I want to get a job but my mom is too busy paying for classes in advance to even care
She doesnt even tell me that shes booking them in, i usually find out myself or i find out that ive been forced to babysit as she sneaks out the house without me knowing

I'm really stuck and I feel like crying and giving up
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 year ago
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried telling her how you feel about this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (558)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise