How does one submit "predicted" AP scores to Cambridge University? Watch

Virginiagirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am a US high school student, grade 12, and I have taken 4 AP tests (all 5s) but I believe I need 5 AP tests with scores of 5 and higher. I've heard that you can submit "teacher predicted" AP scores for AP classes currently enrolled, but haven't received scores for yet. Is this true? And, if so, how do predicted scores get submitted to Cambridge? Where/how in the application process can I do this?
Any insight or help on this process would be greatly appreciated.
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes you can send your predicted scores through Cambridge so then they’ll give you an offer once they look at your application. If you have a good personal statement to why you’re a good application for that course and get the grades they want you to get in the end, you’ll get accepted. I suggest contacting them because if you don’t have much luck getting experience or advice on the application process since idk much about the process since you’re a us student
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Virginiagirl)
I am a US high school student, grade 12, and I have taken 4 AP tests (all 5s) but I believe I need 5 AP tests with scores of 5 and higher. I've heard that you can submit "teacher predicted" AP scores for AP classes currently enrolled, but haven't received scores for yet. Is this true? And, if so, how do predicted scores get submitted to Cambridge? Where/how in the application process can I do this?
i'm pretty sure UCAS has a dedicated section for predicted grades, no?

Otherwise you'd have to email the uni directly. Are you only applying to Cambridge? Thought Oxford was more popular in the states but I keep hearing of Americans applying to Cambridge these days
Virginiagirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i'm pretty sure UCAS has a dedicated section for predicted grades, no?

Otherwise you'd have to email the uni directly. Are you only applying to Cambridge? Thought Oxford was more popular in the states but I keep hearing of Americans applying to Cambridge these days
Thanks so much, we haven't gone thru the whole application yet. Appreciate it!
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Virginiagirl)
The people telling you that you need to contact the uni separately probably don't know how cambridge specifically works. For most unis emailing them is probably the best option, but cambridge has a system in place already.

Cambridge (and cambridge alone) sends out a separate form called the SAQ in early October. If UCAS doesn't let you enter a qualification, then this form is where you should enter it, and any other information you feel is relevant to your application.

Edit: although I'm pretty sure UCAS should allow you to add any qualification, don't quote me on this but I think there's an "other" option if yours isn't listed on UCAS
Last edited by MagnumKoishi; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (135)
17.79%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.88%
Not great so far... (272)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (148)
19.5%

Watched Threads