The Student Room Group

Optometry

Hi I’m a yr 13 student who wants to apply for optometry at Bradford university.
The grade requirements are AAB which are really high. I was wondering if you knew anyone whose been able to get in with grades lower than this, and if so what were they. Also whether you’ve known anyone who’s managed to get an unconditional offer based on their personal statement. Because my teachers always emphasis how you have to get the exact grades the university expect of you to get o. The course, but My cousin was telling meanly a girl in her year who got in with the grades ABC.
you pretty much never get unconditional offers based on your personal statement, especially not if your predicted grades are lower than what they ask for as a minimum. there’s a chance they may give you the standard offer anyway, but if you miss it by more than one grade on results day there’d be little chance you’d get in.
The simple answer is 'no-one knows'.

What might have happened one year to one person may not happen this year to anyone else.
It depends on how many people apply for a course, how many offers are made, how many people go Firm etc etc. Then on how many people actually get the grades in August. Yes, its possible that you may be made an offer with predicted grades one or even two grades below the requirements. Its also possible that Bradford may accept 'near miss' applicants to fill spaces in August. But you can't know this for certain.

PS. An unconditional offer just based on a PS - no chance. An 'unconditional if you go Firm' offer - possible if the course or Uni is not that popular, but there is big pressure on all Unis to stop doing this so these sort of offers may now no longer be made.
Original post by Stuperfly
Hi I’m a yr 13 student who wants to apply for optometry at Bradford university.
The grade requirements are AAB which are really high. I was wondering if you knew anyone whose been able to get in with grades lower than this, and if so what were they. Also whether you’ve known anyone who’s managed to get an unconditional offer based on their personal statement. Because my teachers always emphasis how you have to get the exact grades the university expect of you to get o. The course, but My cousin was telling meanly a girl in her year who got in with the grades ABC.

Hi, just wanted to ask if u did eventually get in as i’m kinda in the same situation😭

Quick Reply