Do you think we need a civil war to sort out once and for all the division Watch

crysaltytears
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do you think a civil war is what it will take to sort out the division between Remainers and Leavers and that we need one?

Yes of course it's about Brexit, but people who are Remainers or Leavers are much more alike than another on a host of other issues like refugees, environmentalism, democracy, political correctness etc.

The two ideologies are diametrically opposed and no compromise is possible. Should we take up arms to crush the saboteurs for the next four centuries?

// if you're a mod reading this, please add a simple yes or no poll. Thanks.
Last edited by crysaltytears; 4 weeks ago
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think we need a civil war, no. We either need an election (in which case tories will probably win and we'll hopefully be out soon enough), or a second referendum and some kind of legally binding agreement that whoever's in power must honour the result (and no further extensions are allowed if its another leave vote).
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by crysaltytears)

You can add a poll yourself just click on the 3 vertical dots near the 1# post number and it will give you an option to create one
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty sure a civil war has never been used to resolve differences so much as beat others into submission. Never mind the fact i have yet to hear of a civil war leaving a country more peaceful than when it started.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by crysaltytears)
Do you think a civil war is what it will take to sort out the division between Remainers and Leavers and that we need one?

Yes of course it's about Brexit, but people who are Remainers or Leavers are much more alike than another on a host of other issues like refugees, environmentalism, democracy, political correctness etc.

The two ideologies are diametrically opposed and no compromise is possible. Should we take up arms to crush the saboteurs for the next four centuries?

How will millions of people attempting to kill each other be good for the country? How will that bring the country together? You think Brexit is worth killing for?

I dont think mods are going to be interested in making a poll for you. You just sound like someone who was already just banned on a new account.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is why history should be made compulsory in schools up to 16 for all pupils! And politicians should be given a refresher course!
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If the left followed out their promises of moving to Canada/Ireland etc when Trump/leave wins then this wouldn't be an issue.
Eboracum7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd rather have a class revolution. Finally overthrow the privilege of the Norman aristocracy after all these centuries.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ask the Americans how well the civil war ended division there... :rolleyes:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. Just the MPs to enact the result of the referendum.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We are already in an ideological war of sorts..

I can see us heading towards a political civil war, where all forms of political cooperation breaks down, and legal/political battles dominate.

I highly highly doubt we will ever be in a physical/violent civil war though.
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I rate the skateboard/motorbike/scooter divisions against the mobility scooter brigade; agility, speed and they do not have so many problems say losing their keys.
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. At the end of the day we will always have our different opinions. We will never stop being at war with each other if thats all it takes to start it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads