bennyboi1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello guys Recently I had an incident with another driver. We both came down a 2 way narrow road and clipped wing mirrors. No damage but I wasn't sure as I had to turn around and chase after him. I get out to check if there's damage but before I do, this guy comes out cussing and the situation starts getting heated. It escalates to the point where police were called (I told them not to because its a waste of their time). There was absolutely no damage (took photos of both cars) but this driver was so mad he said "im going to make a claim". This then prompted me to inform my insurance, I explained to them explicitly that I am reporting this incident for information only and I do not wish to make a claim at all. I even put this in bold letters when I emailed them the drivers details and pictures. However, he insisted its going down as a claim and the claim will be open for the next 4 months. I told him, there is no need to wait or make a claim as there was no damage. He refused to see my perspective and logic. After about a week of going back and fourth, the claim was finally closed and I was still able to earn my NCB but now I am stuck with this useless claim on my history for the next 5 years.Is there anyway possible I can ask them to remove the claim from my history? there was no reason at all to even open a claim. Given the circumstances, I had no choice but to report it purely because he said he'll make a claim against me.Any help will do, thanks.
LsDad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well in effect you have reported an incident and it is on your record end of. You would need to declare the incident on future insurance applications

The good news is that If the insurance company have closed it off and you have not lost your bonus then it sounds like you are ok. It’s effectively a “no fault” incident as no claim has been made against you and zero payments made. As a result it won’t effect future premiums.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bennyboi1)
Hello guys Recently I had an incident with another driver. We both came down a 2 way narrow road and clipped wing mirrors. No damage but I wasn't sure as I had to turn around and chase after him. I get out to check if there's damage but before I do, this guy comes out cussing and the situation starts getting heated. It escalates to the point where police were called (I told them not to because its a waste of their time). There was absolutely no damage (took photos of both cars) but this driver was so mad he said "im going to make a claim". This then prompted me to inform my insurance, I explained to them explicitly that I am reporting this incident for information only and I do not wish to make a claim at all. I even put this in bold letters when I emailed them the drivers details and pictures. However, he insisted its going down as a claim and the claim will be open for the next 4 months. I told him, there is no need to wait or make a claim as there was no damage. He refused to see my perspective and logic. After about a week of going back and fourth, the claim was finally closed and I was still able to earn my NCB but now I am stuck with this useless claim on my history for the next 5 years.Is there anyway possible I can ask them to remove the claim from my history? there was no reason at all to even open a claim. Given the circumstances, I had no choice but to report it purely because he said he'll make a claim against me.Any help will do, thanks.
Was there a claim or wasn't there? Your story doesn't really make much sense.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah i'm a bit baffled to, either they made a claim against your insurance or they didn't. They will log the fact you were in an accident because, well, you were.

You're the one that's chose to U turn and pursue the driver?, and reading between the lines you've then tried telling the other driver what's what which will have annoyed them more.

Personally if i'd just been in a minor accident and the other driver started trying to tell me who I could and couldn't call and that there was 'no need' to contact insurers, i'd be unimpressed as well. If there's been contact and they ask for your insurance info, you're obligated to give it, and that's it. Your opinion, perspective or logic doesn't come into it.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah i'm a bit baffled to, either they made a claim against your insurance or they didn't. They will log the fact you were in an accident because, well, you were.

You're the one that's chose to U turn and pursue the driver?, and reading between the lines you've then tried telling the other driver what's what which will have annoyed them more.

Personally if i'd just been in a minor accident and the other driver started trying to tell me who I could and couldn't call and that there was 'no need' to contact insurers, i'd be unimpressed as well. If there's been contact and they ask for your insurance info, you're obligated to give it, and that's it. Your opinion, perspective or logic doesn't come into it.
Couldn't agree more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads