Amedits
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I do my a levels at a college instead of a sixth form, just for the better options basically. But will unis such as kings cross look down on this
blackthrn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
by king’s cross do you mean king’s college? and no, they cannot look down on you for the institution you studied a levels at. if anything, you may benefit from contextual offers. be careful though, as some colleges have much less support than sixth forms which may make it harder to get in, but they aren’t allowed to discriminate
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amedits)
I do my a levels at a college instead of a sixth form, just for the better options basically. But will unis such as kings cross look down on this
There’s no real difference if you study at college or sixth form. Some universities look to see if you’re from a disadvantaged school for example, but they won’t look down on it.
Amedits
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
by king’s cross do you mean king’s college? and no, they cannot look down on you for the institution you studied a levels at. if anything, you may benefit from contextual offers. be careful though, as some colleges have much less support than sixth forms which may make it harder to get in, but they aren’t allowed to discriminate
Yeah I was quite worried about that! They’ve been good so far though, and there was quite a few last year who got all A*s. I’ve done some exams privately good so I’m pretty good at working independently
blackthrn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amedits)
Yeah I was quite worried about that! They’ve been good so far though, and there was quite a few last year who got all A*s. I’ve done some exams privately good so I’m pretty good at working independently
that seems really good then! i wish you the best of luck in your a levels
Amedits
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
that seems really good then! i wish you the best of luck in your a levels
Thankyou! I’m going on to do art (fashion) which is a little weird as I’m not doing art a level but I didn’t have the choice, but I just need C’s for the uni I want to go to as of now which I think is manageable!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads

Latest