Boyfriend found out I had a crush

Watch
Lacey2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend and me have been together for 4 years. I absolutely love and adore him. We’ve been in a rocky place lately which is work-stress related and haven’t been communicating the best. My girl best friend knew about all of it, and pretty much pushed me into taking to m guy best friend about our problems to get a “guys opinion”. Long story short, me and bf get into a really big fight and we need time to cool off, I call my girl best friend crying, she tells my guy best friend. I went over to his house to talk it out and just relax and be around someone. We talked a lot, he gave me advice, and he listened to me. I began to start feeling that I liked him simply because I felt like someone was finally listening to me. I kept it to myself, didn’t act on it, I knew it wasn’t real and only because I was in a bad place. Long story short, my girl best friend made up lies that I cheated with him, slept with him, spent the night at his house. I ended up proving she lied, she did admit to making it up. I spoke with a therapist who suggested writing a “note” to get my feelings about him out to get clarity. I did, and all of my feelings were gone, in fact some of the note wasn’t even about guy best friend but actually my boyfriend. Time passed and we were doing so much better, I forgot about the note, and boyfriend ended up finding it. Know he thinks I fell for another guy, and that I’ve been lying to him about everything else my friend said. I understand he’s hurt, but I don’t want to loose him. I never acted on my feelings since I knew they weren’t real, and I kept them to myself because I didn’t want to start drama. I’m not sure what to do now as boyfriend said he now just needs some time.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why did your best "girl" friend lie to your bf?

some friend...
Lacey2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Why did your best "girl" friend lie to your bf?

some friend...
I accused her of starting to act like she was only with her boyfriend, my boyfriend best friend, for his money. He just bought her a truck, and is buying a house now and putting her name on it without her contributing to any of it. She got upset that I was meddling in her relationship so she lashed out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.76%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.29%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.72%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
20.99%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.35%

Watched Threads