Hinatazaka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I sent my application through UCAS last Friday morning (20th Sep).

Minutes after the submission, I received an email titled “UCAS Apply Acknowledgement” and then received another email named “Welcome to UCAS”.

Now, my UCAS Track service became available.

However, I did not yet get any messages from all the universities that I applied for, even though there are a couple of days from submission.
I heard universities usually sent applicants emails to inform the reception.

Is my situation is unusual enough to need further actions?
Or,should I wait more?
Does it involve in the fact that yesterday and the day before yesterday were weekend?

BTW,I applied for Cambridge,UCL,LSE,and King’s.
Last edited by Hinatazaka; 4 weeks ago
originalbiscotti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it might be because its been the weekend, you might find some start to acknowledge the application has been received this week.

but some uni's also just never acknowledge theyve received them (but they will have, i've never heard of UCAS messing up in the sense of not sending the application)
karsh31
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i applied to the exact same ones as you, and on the 18th of september- none of thm have gotten back to me. however all of them do normally give acknowledgements but maybe they don’t open until october?
originalbiscotti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karinash)
i applied to the exact same ones as you, and on the 18th of september- none of thm have gotten back to me. however all of them do normally give acknowledgements but maybe they don’t open until october?
it is possible, that due to your early application, that uni's just haven't gotten around the setting up the automated system to send them out yet, some also wont even look at them until the 'normal' non early applications begin to come in
karsh31
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sophielouiseok)
it is possible, that due to your early application, that uni's just haven't gotten around the setting up the automated system to send them out yet, some also wont even look at them until the 'normal' non early applications begin to come in
yeah i think that’s the case - i’ll wait till october and then see what happens
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hinatazaka)
I sent my application through UCAS last Friday morning (20th Sep).

Minutes after the submission, I received an email titled “UCAS Apply Acknowledgement” and then received another email named “Welcome to UCAS”.

Now, my UCAS Track service became available.

However, I did not yet get any messages from all the universities that I applied for, even though there are a couple of days from submission.
I heard universities usually sent applicants emails to inform the reception.

Is my situation is unusual enough to need further actions?
Or,should I wait more?
Does it involve in the fact that yesterday and the day before yesterday were weekend?

BTW,I applied for Cambridge,UCL,LSE,and King’s.
Please don't be concerned in the slightest. Some universities don't send out acknowledgements at all.

It is likely, though, that you will hear from most of them within the next week or so.
soma.mehmood
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi I applied to both UCL and Kings. I submitted my application on Friday and received acknowledgment emails today from both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (41)
27.15%
No (110)
72.85%

Watched Threads