reyyyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I’m in year eleven now and I’ve realised I’m a little behind on all my science subjects. I do triple science and there’s so much content to memorise and I don’t know how to do it! My predicted grade for all three sciences is a seven, and right now I’m getting 5-6s in exams. How do I catch up and revise for science (especially since I’m missed some lessons so I don’t even have all the notes)? I’m aiming for 7s (8-9s would be great of course, but I’d still be happy with a 7.)

Help??
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I cannot stress this enough, freesciencelessons and primrosekitten on youtube. They were my science parents all the way through year 11. Also Seneca is a great resource to use for quick recaps
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to make revision resources using the revision guide or you tube videos on the content you’ve learned in class, then practice questions on the topic you’ve just covered. Isn’t recommend revising a topic, then doing some practice questions on it to test your understanding. Then the aspects of the questions you got wrong you try again or revisit the content again.
casabonita
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Go through the seneca courses to learn basic knowledge, this will help so much. To improve, watch freesciencelessons on ur weak points and try practice questions for ur subjects! the cgp workbooks are really good
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Contact your teachers and ask for the work so you can catch up. I'm sure they'll be happy to do this for you. If not, perhaps talk to your classmates about the work they were doing - use a textbook to catch up instead.

Like someone else has mentioned CGP is a great revision resource for science, make sure to get the revision books and workbook. Try to complete as many past papers as you can, this will certainly help you
pivotandpith2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honeslty i couldnt be asked to revise so i just took my time making pretty revision notes and flashcards and suprisingly it really helped bearing in mind i am the worst at revision.
jyjay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
cop books ( revision guide + work book + 8/9 work book) as well as specimen/past /sample papers are great ways to improve your grade
.unknown
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All I did to get all 9s in science was memorise the whole of the cgp book and watch freesciencelessons video. I didnt do any past paper yet I got high grades I feel like past papers are useless at gcse level it's all common sense and remembering stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.27%
No (211)
76.73%

Watched Threads