Bi Visibility Day 2019 Watch

shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Today (23rd September) is Bi Visibility Day! So take the chance to celebrate your sexuality, and to recognise your top bi icons

• Who are your top bisexual icons?
  • What are the most ridiculous myths you've come across?
  • How well do you think bisexual people are accepted? What needs to change to improve this?
Share your bicons here, as well as helping us to bust the top bi myths and misconceptions :pride:
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
David Bowie
Protostar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh wow I didn't know this was a thing

I don't really have any bi icons tbh, cos for me sexuality doesn't play a part in whether I admire someone or not :dontknow:

There are of course the obvious myths like bi people are "greedy" or more likely to be unfaithful which is total rubbish. Also that you're not *actually* bi if you're in any kind of relationship

I feel like currently it's not as accepted as it should be. I also feel like a lot of biphobia comes from within the LGBT community as well - certainly from things I've seen on social media at least. A lot of people also have this idea in their minds that people are either straight or gay so will say things like "I thought they were gay?" when a bi person starts seeing someone of the opposite sex or vice versa. Like they don't seem to know that it's a spectrum kinda thing? So I feel like that needs more awareness
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who are your top bisexual icons?
Jessie Paege!
What are the most ridiculous myths you've come across?
Greedy, more likely to cheat, need to choose a side...
How well do you think bisexual people are accepted? What needs to change to improve this?
Loads of biphobia comes from inside the LGBT+ community as well as outside it - because they're "not fully gay", so that attitude needs to change.
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve always been accepted as bi as well as my friends, it’s no big deal. We must live in a nice place
Imma be my own bicon.
Tbh I don’t think I’ve ever heard any myths either outside of the usual “that’s just greedy” but to that I just laugh and agree, yeah I’m greedy😂
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Who are your top bisexual icons?
Jessie Paege!
agree ! :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads