I'm 18, fiancé has just gone 28, AMA? Watch

ProbablyPallas
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel like there's a huge stigma around relationships with large age gaps, and rightly so since there's a lot of times where people are taken advantage of.
However, I'd like to say that the internal circumstances of mine and my fiance's relationship have always been good, so if anyone has any questions for either of us, go for it!
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How long did you know each other before you got engaged?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ProbablyPallas)
I feel like there's a huge stigma around relationships with large age gaps, and rightly so since there's a lot of times where people are taken advantage of.
However, I'd like to say that the internal circumstances of mine and my fiance's relationship have always been good, so if anyone has any questions for either of us, go for it!
I have a large age gap also (not as big as yours) and I've actually not been judged as much as I thought I would be, and nor has my fiance which has surprised me (but I'm pleased about that!). I don't have any questions as I know what it's like but I wish you the best for the future. I'll keep an eye on this thread also just in case there's any unnecessary replies
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
How long did you know each other before you got engaged?
we met (online) in November 2017 and met in person February 2018, then we got engaged in August on his birthday!
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I have a large age gap also (not as big as yours) and I've actually not been judged as much as I thought I would be, and nor has my fiance which has surprised me (but I'm pleased about that!). I don't have any questions as I know what it's like but I wish you the best for the future. I'll keep an eye on this thread also just in case there's any unnecessary replies
I'm glad to hear that! For us it's mostly just little comments about him generally but he tends to just brush it off. We've only ever had comments from strangers once, since I look a little older than I am and he looks quite a bit younger, which is a blessing really.

Thank you, much appreciated!
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
kinda quick don’t you think
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by rotlol)
kinda quick don’t you think
maybe! but it "felt right" if that makes sense. We're not even thinking about a wedding for another 2 years.
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe! but it "felt right" if that makes sense. We're not even thinking about a wedding for another 2 years.
is he mature? i think 20 year olds these days are so immature it’s unreal even the older ones
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
is he mature? i think 20 year olds these days are so immature it’s unreal even the older ones
He's mature in the sense that he'll do his taxes while watching Adventure Time aha. Yes I'd say so, he's wanting to settle down and start a family so yeah. He has his moments but we all do.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm calling hau28 to get some debate going ...
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you see him as a 'Daddy' figure?
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Do you see him as a 'Daddy' figure?
No, however that's a question I get asked a lot.
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How often do you see him? What's the living situation like?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congratulations on getting engaged!
What sort of wedding venues are you considering- stately homes, places of worship, registry office.

I only date older guys, usually with a 15 years plus age gap.
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congrats! (>~< ) Are your parents aware? And if so are they happy for you?
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunya)
How often do you see him? What's the living situation like?
We live together, but I still have the odd night at my parents if he's busy. He's a musician so if he's doing a show I'll stay at my parents. When he goes back on tour I'll most likely stay at our(his) house if im not going with him
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Congratulations on getting engaged!
What sort of wedding venues are you considering- stately homes, places of worship, registry office.

I only date older guys, usually with a 15 years plus age gap.
We're not too sure as of yet, he wants to get married in his home country (Germany) and his family are Catholic but he's not, so we're not looking at churches. It'll probably just be a small get-it-over-with wedding. Neither of us are one for big events
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hiro2468)
Congrats! (>~< ) Are your parents aware? And if so are they happy for you?
Of course my parents are aware haha. My mum is really happy for us and loves him to pieces, and my dad couldn't really care less.
ProbablyPallas
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
I'm calling hau28 to get some debate going ...
Debate??
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Debate??
Yes, but it appears that she's ignoring me and won't post for some reason..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads