Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean if you're made a low offer by a university.
    I've been made a BBC offer by Bristol for French and German. Doesn't that seem prettly low, given it's such a prestigious university?

ReputationRep:
    Is that the typical offer? If it's lower than the t/o, it could mean they lurvvee you, lol.

ReputationRep:
    ~yep..they want you! With lower grade conditions, they can guarantee u get in the course congrats and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh one of my friends applied to Bristol for Engineering and they made him a offer of CCC when they usually ask for ABB (or higher?). They basically said that because he was easily going to get AAA it would take the pressure off him and he has a strong acedemic backgound. He said it was quite a flattering letter.

ReputationRep:
    ~wow :eek: smart cookie :cool:

ReputationRep:
    well cambridge still give out EE offers occasionally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    well cambridge still give out EE offers occasionally
    'tis true. my friend got an EE offer for nat. sci. for entry this year. he's such a dude!

ReputationRep:
    an EE offer is probably more common at oxbridge than pretty much all the over ruseel group unis put together. a lot of universities also tend to give lower grades though according to ucas typical french and german at bristol goes from ABB-BCC so they must really like you

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.