Hols1010
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Has anyone applied to the program yet? Profiles/ College preferences/ Applications to other institutions?

To start off, here's mine;

German, Bachelor (Finance) with 3.84/4.00 GPA from a non-tier US-School, internships in alternative real estate finance, IBD and RE transaction advisory with a Big4. Been with the Big4 I interned with for the past 2.5 years in RE M&A (rotated through RE valuations and transactions).

I am currently working on my application, hope to submit it by mid october! Not sure which college to name as a preference though...
Last edited by Hols1010; 2 months ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hols1010)
Has anyone applied to the program yet? Profiles/ College preferences/ Applications to other institutions?

To start off, here's mine;

German, Bachelor (Finance) with 3.84/4.00 GPA from a non-tier US-School, internships in alternative real estate finance, IBD and RE transaction advisory with a Big4. Been with the Big4 I interned with for the past 2.5 years in RE M&A (rotated through RE valuations and transactions).

I am currently working on my application, hope to submit it by mid october! Not sure which college to name as a preference though...
Try the Postgrad forum, there's already a Cambridge 2020 thread running in there.
PoopyButtHole
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey. Applied 30th Oct.

Stats: Comfortable first (1.1) in Business from a top-5 university in mainland Europe, one internship in data science and another internship in quantitative fixed income research at a large investment management firm, also in mainland Europe. Any comment on my chances?

Hoping to hear back in the first wave of results. Looking forward to hearing from more applicants GL!
Hols1010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PoopyButtHole)
Hey. Applied 30th Oct.

Stats: Comfortable first (1.1) in Business from a top-5 university in mainland Europe, one internship in data science and another internship in quantitative fixed income research at a large investment management firm, also in mainland Europe. Any comment on my chances?

Hoping to hear back in the first wave of results. Looking forward to hearing from more applicants GL!
Applied during the last week of Oct as well.

What is the status of your application?

Good luck!
PoopyButtHole
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Applied during the last week of Oct as well.

What is the status of your application?

Good luck!
Still just under review by department. Apparently we can call and ask dept. land econ for an approximate time for hearing back, since they release offers in batches/ waves. Just wondering who exactly to contact
Hols1010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PoopyButtHole)
Still just under review by department. Apparently we can call and ask dept. land econ for an approximate time for hearing back, since they release offers in batches/ waves. Just wondering who exactly to contact
Same here, it switched to review status last week.

I called them today regarding the language requirement waiver. I also asked for a rough estimate event to expect feedback and they told me it’s going to be at least 8 weeks from the first review day... so I guess we have a minor chance to hear back before Christmas...

You can just call them via the number on their website and they will transfer you to admissions.
xz1611
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! I applied on Oct. 11, and it's still under the review of the department.

Here are my statistics: Top 30 U.S. University (Top 5 business school) with GPA of 3.93/4.0. Major in Finance and minor in Math. My four internships are all done in China. Two internships in investment banking (experience with capital financing for several real estate developers), one in Big4 tax department, and another in a large state-owned enterprise, finance department.

For colleges I chose Pembroke and Queens.

Wish everyone good luck and keep updating!
Last edited by xz1611; 3 weeks ago
Hols1010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xz1611)
Hello! I applied on Oct. 11, and it's still under the review of the department.

Here are my statistics: Top 30 U.S. University (Top 5 business school) with GPA of 3.93/4.0. Major in Finance and minor in Math. My four internships are all done in China. Two internships in investment banking (experience with capital financing for several real estate developers), one in Big4 tax department, and another in a large state-owned enterprise, finance department.

For colleges I chose Pembroke and Queens.

Wish everyone good luck and keep updating!
You seem to have a very strong profile!

Mine is still under dept review as well...

Compared to the previous years thread either people are taking their time to apply or they don’t use TSR as much these days haha
xz1611
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You seem to have a very strong profile!

Mine is still under dept review as well...

Compared to the previous years thread either people are taking their time to apply or they don’t use TSR as much these days haha
True... But the number of applicants for this programme is increasing every year. Hope we'll all get good news!
Hols1010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Any updates on your application status anyone?
xz1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Any updates on your application status anyone?
Still under review... don’t know how long we need to wait
Hols1010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Same... I had somewhat high hopes for an answer before Christmas, but I fear this won’t happen
xz1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Same... I had somewhat high hopes for an answer before Christmas, but I fear this won’t happen
Lets hope so. I don't even want to email the admissions, in case they would send out rejection immediately...
Vincent.Chao
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I submitted my application around mid September (not long after the admission opens). Still under department review at the moment. My college choices were Gonville & Caius (first) and Selwyn College (second). Didnt bother going for those top colleges. My background: Bachelor of Urban Planning (2:1) and Master of Engineering Studies with Merit in Construction Management from University of Auckland. Currently have approximately 5-year industry experience most of which was related to planning consultant in land development. Just got a new job as an Associate Development Manager for NZ's biggest company and one of the leading developers. But didnt include that job in my CV as I didnt get this job when I applied for Cam.

Hopefully this is helpful. I'm also looking into Master of Studies in Real Estate (a part time degree from Cam) or maybe an MBA in the next few years.

Fingers crossed we'll hear back before Xmas so I can plan my 2020 properly.

Good luck guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
14.29%
Labour (18)
51.43%
Liberal Democrats (4)
11.43%
Green Party (4)
11.43%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.86%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.86%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)