The Student Room Group

On a foundation year, worth applying to transfer to these unis?

So I'm about to start a foundation year. I want to work really hard so I can transfer to a better uni. I've emailed Unis like Birmingham, Nottingham, Heriot Watt, Leeds Etc and all have said they accept transfers and are currently asking for my course details and A level grades. This is for engineering.

My question is, Since I got a DDE for A levels, will these unis even give me a chance? I've been told to apply via UCAS.
Original post by HELLOBrine123
So I'm about to start a foundation year. I want to work really hard so I can transfer to a better uni. I've emailed Unis like Birmingham, Nottingham, Heriot Watt, Leeds Etc and all have said they accept transfers and are currently asking for my course details and A level grades. This is for engineering.

My question is, Since I got a DDE for A levels, will these unis even give me a chance? I've been told to apply via UCAS.

Did you tell admissions that? Tbh I'd think your chances were low. Imo you should have resat. It isnt clear what uni you are at? They will take that into account.

You should also check to see if they want A level maths.
Original post by HELLOBrine123

It's unlikely that unis like the ones you have mentioned would let people in with DDE because they are far lower than their usual requirements and foundation years are mainly designed for students to transfer onto the degree course at the same institution. But only they can say for sure, so tell them your A level grades and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending