Swapping from part time to full time maintenance loan

Watch
LittleMraz24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have a complicated situation, my parents have just gone through a divorce and I'm currently working part time while studying part time at uni. For the last 2 years I haven't applied for a maintenance loan because I haven't need to due to the support off my parents living together. But now that has changed and I need a maintenance loan. However because I started my course in 2017 I've been told I can't get a maintenance loan as a part time student. If I changed to full time, would I be able to get a maintenance loan or not?
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by LittleMraz24)
I have a complicated situation, my parents have just gone through a divorce and I'm currently working part time while studying part time at uni. For the last 2 years I haven't applied for a maintenance loan because I haven't need to due to the support off my parents living together. But now that has changed and I need a maintenance loan. However because I started my course in 2017 I've been told I can't get a maintenance loan as a part time student. If I changed to full time, would I be able to get a maintenance loan or not?
Hi there,

If you are attending university on a full time basis on a full time course then you are entitled to a Maintenance Loan.

Regards,
Nihad
LittleMraz24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
The university said that even if I continue my course but change from part time to full time I will still not get a maintenance loan because I started the course in 2017?
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by LittleMraz24)
The university said that even if I continue my course but change from part time to full time I will still not get a maintenance loan because I started the course in 2017?
Full time students are entitled to the Maintenance Loan regardless of when they started. This is unless you are studying as a full time student (increased intensity and credits) on a part time course which essentially means you are still subject to part time rules.

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (131)
30.05%
No (305)
69.95%

Watched Threads