Is it okay to have guy friends whilst being in a relationship? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is my first relationship, so I really don’t know what the boundaries are in terms of having guy friends. I’ve recently met a guy on my course that I really get along with and he seems like he’d be a good friend. But I don’t know why I feel guilty for joking around with him. I don’t fancy him, I just don’t want it to come across as me flirting with him. If it even does come across as flirting? As I said, this is my first relationship so I am very new to all this
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Of course you can have male friends, like a boyfriend can have female friends.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Having friends of the opposite sex in a relationship is fine. If your partner has a problem with it then there's obviously other issues to address.
ffizzypop
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is my first relationship, so I really don’t know what the boundaries are in terms of having guy friends. I’ve recently met a guy on my course that I really get along with and he seems like he’d be a good friend. But I don’t know why I feel guilty for joking around with him. I don’t fancy him, I just don’t want it to come across as me flirting with him. If it even does come across as flirting? As I said, this is my first relationship so I am very new to all this
As long as the relationship is strictly platonic, there is no issue. If your boyfriend or friends are making you feel this way, the relationship/s is/are toxic and you shouldn't stay in it
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes.
Don't feel guilty, you are doing nothing wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads