Will universities know if you took a subject and not the exam? (IGCSE) Watch

ConfusedPerson8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There’s a subject I’ve been dreading every day for the past year, with every lesson causing unbearable amounts of stress and discomfort. The teacher is the worst I’ve ever had or heard of; she follows a lesson plan which most of us struggle to cope with and offers no support to the point of overwhelming those of us she deems unfit for the topic. This has resulted in me getting terrible grades and don’t think I’ll be able to catch up for my IGCSEs in eight months. But if I drop it, or don’t take the exam, will universities know I got rid of it? This subject has coursework as well and I don’t want to look like I’m avoiding commitment or responsibilities, it just makes me really miserable and I think I could make better use of my time
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, I don't think universities would know. However, rather than think about years down the line, I encourage you to resolve this with your teacher or talk to head of department or year in the here and now.
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How would universities know unless you told them? Not sitting the exam = not getting the qualification. UCAS only asks for grades achieved and predicted grades for subjects currently being studied, so you'd be telling them your IGCSE results and predicted A level or equivalent grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.17%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.55%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.44%
There's nothing they could do (71)
29.96%

Watched Threads