My parents are affecting people's opinions of me Watch

GeolPhysics
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Since high school my parents have been telling my failures to my friends. Now, there aren't many but I remember being upset when they revealed a bad grade I had in Physics. It was still a pass though but at Higher level wasn't considered as good. Now I have an upcoming success, running the 10K and they tell her friends that I can't run it and warn to not drive me there. (They stopped me from taking my driving test because they decided to go to Hong Kong on that exact day!) I think they are seriously trying to affect my success and still view me as a failure. I know I'm not one, I have finished third year university and gotten a number of awards. I can't wait to one day move out but right now I can't stand the way they are and have been affecting my good name. Even one of my friends turned against me since he heard of my bad grade in Physics. I hate to admit it but I've started affecting their name in front of my friends as of last year for revenge and I don't like myself for it. But this has got to stop.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your parents are tw*ts
No REAL friend would turn on you for a bad grade.
Mirai609
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your parents are really toxic and I would personally stay away from them/not tell them about any of my activities. Save up money for when you move out, and never look back
GeolPhysics
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mirai609)
Your parents are really toxic and I would personally stay away from them/not tell them about any of my activities. Save up money for when you move out, and never look back
Thanks! Yesterday my mum called me lazy, rubbish and stupid for not cleaning the tortoise's food dish properly. Apparently I was supposed to take the dish outside and clean it but I cleaned it inside its house. Just one tiny mistakes gets a few insults. I've had low self esteem my whole life and they have caused this. When I'm alone in another city for university, I feel much better. But they want me to move universities and study in my home city.
Mirai609
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GeolPhysics)
Thanks! Yesterday my mum called me lazy, rubbish and stupid for not cleaning the tortoise's food dish properly. Apparently I was supposed to take the dish outside and clean it but I cleaned it inside its house. Just one tiny mistakes gets a few insults. I've had low self esteem my whole life and they have caused this. When I'm alone in another city for university, I feel much better. But they want me to move universities and study in my home city.
That is classic abusive behaviour. No matter what you do, don't go back into their grasp. In most cases, these types of people don't change and don't ever apologise, so be free in whatever city you want to go for uni Don't let them pressure you into going back home for studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (88)
24.51%
No (271)
75.49%

Watched Threads