The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship dilemma

Hi guys, I was hoping I could have some guidance on my situation.

I am a first year degree Apprentice at a large financial services firm in digital/cyber solutions and and I am subsequently not enjoying the service line I am in and there is no scope to change. I also want to study a more economics based degree and have the grades to apply for the likes of UCL, Oxford, Bristol etc and am considering applying for 2020 entry. If I quit this apprenticeship will this do more harm than good to my career? I fear it may look like a lack of dedication when it is more I have had a change of mind regarding career. In addition I don’t want to upset the firm as I know it is a big commitment for them hiring Degree apprentices and facilitating these courses.

Thanks for any input/help, much appreciated.
Original post by DEpracto

No-one will care by the time you graduate with a degree. But unless you are very quick, you are going to miss the UCAS deadline for Oxford this year. Get an application in quickly, and at least that gives you an option. However, try and stick out with the apprenticeship until you are sure of your Uni options/decision, otherwise you will end up with nothing.

You can't worry about upsetting the firm, if you have made a well reasoned and thought out decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending