Does everyone get invited to applicant days or is it only for getting interviewed? Watch

YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Specifically Leeds and SOAS
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is it a course for which the interview is a necessary part of the applications process?
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Is it a course for which the interview is a necessary part of the applications process?
Nope there's no interview. The thing is I can't go to the open day on the 5th October because my college bursary hasn't been processed yet so I can't go cuz I'm poor lol, so I was hoping I could just go to the application days instead. But I don't need to be interviewed so does that mean there won't be an application day for me?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Nope there's no interview. The thing is I can't go to the open day on the 5th October because my college bursary hasn't been processed yet so I can't go cuz I'm poor lol, so I was hoping I could just go to the application days instead. But I don't need to be interviewed so does that mean there won't be an application day for me?
I think for all my unis they invited me either to an interview or simply an applicant visit day, for which there was an optional interview. Normally the interview in this case is not a necessary part of the applications process.
So they'll invite everyone with a realistic chance of getting an offer to an applicant visit day or offer-holder visit day, and then they might interview you or might not, but the interview won't affect your chances of getting an offer. Most universities do these.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
I think for all my unis they invited me either to an interview or simply an applicant visit day, for which there was an optional interview. Normally the interview in this case is not a necessary part of the applications process.
So they'll invite everyone with a realistic chance of getting an offer to an applicant visit day or offer-holder visit day, and then they might interview you or might not, but the interview won't affect your chances of getting an offer. Most universities do these.
But will I definitely 100000% be invited to an application day if I get an offer, or is it possible that my plan of missing the open day and relying on visiting the uni on an application day will backfire and I won't be able to visit?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
But will I definitely 100000% be invited to an application day if I get an offer, or is it possible that my plan of missing the open day and relying on visiting the uni on an application day will backfire and I won't be able to visit?
Well you'll be visiting at some point, so you can either go to the open day and definitely visit the uni, or hopefully go to a non-mandatory visit day that won't affect your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads