ms314269
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any comments on the subject would be great, but specifically any advice on finding quotes about this specific subject?
AnxiousMuffin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well Functionalists believe in strict family rules specially marital relationships. so they only believe in a man and a woman having a relationship because thats what the society accepts they don't have much to say about homosexuality because they don't believe it in because it's dysfunctional.
However, i found this Talcott Parson argument. hope it helps.
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/al...ctives-on-sex/
"Functionalists such as Talcott Parsons (1955) have long argued that the regulation of sexual activity is an important function of the family. Social norms surrounding family life have, traditionally, encouraged sexual activity within the family unit (marriage) and have discouraged activity outside of it (premarital and extramarital sex). From a functionalist point of view, the purpose of encouraging sexual activity in the confines of marriage is to intensify the bond between spouses and to ensure that procreation occurs within a stable, legally recognized relationship. This structure gives offspring the best possible chance for appropriate socialization and the provision of basic resources."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (43)
26.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (67)
41.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.13%

Watched Threads