RCBaxter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am currently taking Maths at National 4 level in 4th year because I have missed my 2nd and 3rd year of high school because I was in hospital. I am interested in Veterinary Medicine, which requires Higher Maths, succeded on the first try. On this track, I would achieve Higher Maths during my 6th year, but would it still count as achieved first time because it was my first time sitting the exam, or not because it wasn't during my first round of exams in 5th year?All of my other subjects are National 5 and on track.Sorry if this is badly worded.
RCBaxter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am in my 4th year and taking National 4 Maths because I missed my 2nd and 3rd years of highschool due to an extended period of time in hospital. I am interested in Veterinary Medicine and it requires Higher Maths achieved the first time I sit the exam. On the track I'm currently on, I would achieve Higher Maths in my 6th year.
Would this still count, as it would be the first time I had sat the Higher exam, or not because it wasn't during my first round of exams in 5th year?
All of my other classes are National 5 and on track.
Sorry if this is worded confusingly.
Last edited by RCBaxter; 3 weeks ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RCBaxter)
I am in my 4th year and taking National 4 Maths because I missed my 2nd and 3rd years of highschool due to an extended period of time in hospital. I am interested in Veterinary Medicine and it requires Higher Maths achieved the first time I sit the exam. On the track I'm currently on, I would achieve Higher Maths in my 6th year.
Would this still count, as it would be the first time I had sat the Higher exam, or not because it wasn't during my first round of exams in 5th year?
All of my other classes are National 5 and on track.
Sorry if this is worded confusingly.
For the 2 Scottish vet schools, there is no requirement of higher maths (you need chemistry and biology and maths OR physics). Providing you are doing 5 highers in S5, you'd be able to meet the requirements, as they need 5 highers in S5 at grades AAAAB.

Your extended absence would probably be considered as a set of extenuating circumstances though, so is something that your teachers can include when they write the reference for your UCAS application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
18.01%
It's just nice to be back! (199)
27.15%
Not great so far... (265)
36.15%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.69%

Watched Threads