anticorn04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A 2019/2020 Year 11 GYG.
GCSES...In 231 days...

Well...I'm making this post in the hope that i stop procrastinating and make myself stick to my revision. I'm Also About 3 weeks Late...So that doesn't help.

Well...these are my subjects!

Edexcel Maths
Edexcel English Language
Edexcel English Literature
AQA Combined Science
AQA A Religious Studies
Edexcel Business Studies
Edexcel History
Edexcel Greek
OCR Computer Science

These Are My Year 10 Mock Grades...

Maths - 6
Language - 5
Literature - 4
Science - Biology - 6
- Physics - 6
- Chemistry - 4
Religous Studies - 6
Business Studies - 7
History - 8
Greek - 4
Computer Science - 5

And Finally...This Is what i think/hope i get

Maths - 8/8
Lang - 6/6
Literature - 5/6
Science - 66/88
RS - 7/8
Business - 8/9
History - 7/8
Greek - 3/5
Computer Science - 6/8

Well, as you can see.. i'm not extremely clever, but i try

I hope i Stay Motivated to do well with this GYG...( I was off school as i was sick today...was bored so decided to start this!)

I will try update this every week, updating my progress!
maryss
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm trying to get a 66 at least in Science too! xx
stephaniii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, My names actually not Stephani, but my nickname is Ali.
I'm doing
Edexcel Maths
AQA English Language

AQA English Literature
AQA Triple Science
Edexcel Religious Studies
AQA Geography
Edexcel French

My Year 10 Mocks were
English Lit- 4-
English Lang - 7-
Maths- 8 (somehow)
RE= 8+
Biology- 8+
Chemistry- 6+
Physics- 7+
Geography- 7+
French- 6

What I hope to get:
a boyfriend (lol jks i can wait)
English Lit- 7
English Lang - 7
Maths- 8
RE= 9
Biology- 9
Chemistry- 8
Physics- 8
Geography- 9
French- 7
I am seriously, sooooo scaredddd, like I want to get it over with. And people say I'm smart, but I'm not, I just revise a lot so I know the stuff but yh.
maryss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Literally I’m a bit scared too and yeaaa people call me smart a lot and you may get a boyfriend I hope for ur best and same I revise a little bit I just need to improve on certain subjects xx
stephaniii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maryss)
Literally I’m a bit scared too and yeaaa people call me smart a lot and you may get a boyfriend I hope for ur best and same I revise a little bit I just need to improve on certain subjects xx
aww thankoo. that was actually motivational. Anyway, I hope you do well too. Lol, I'm supposed to be revising but nahhhh,I started using TSR.....
maryss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gahahha that’s literally me aswell I’m supposed to aswell but I decided to do ALL my homework and yea I just started out too!!
stephaniii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maryss)
Gahahha that’s literally me aswell I’m supposed to aswell but I decided to do ALL my homework and yea I just started out too!!
loool
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can I be tagged into this?
Last edited by Hazelly; 1 year ago
stephaniii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stephaniii)
Hi
Hello
anticorn04
Rep:
?
yes Hazzabear
idk how to lol i have not used TSR much but i guess just tagging you??? lol
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anticorn04)
yes Hazzabear
idk how to lol i have not used TSR much but i guess just tagging you??? lol
When you make a new update, just tag your followers at the bottom. Good luck with your gyg!
anticorn04
Rep:
?
When you make a new update, just tag your followers at the bottom. Good luck with your gyg!
oh ok, thank you
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh ok, thank you
You don’t have to do it like that, but you can if you wanted
anticorn04
Rep:
?
ok..time to update! - 23/9/19-27/9/19

Monday + Tuesday I was off sick...didn't do much at home either...so il start from wednesday

Wednesday

Double Chemistry

We did calculations on mass in this lesson and also moved onto moles calculations. i struggle with chemistry and got a 4 last year because i literally did not have a teacher for most the year. This year we have a teacher but i'm struggling to understand stuff however i do feel like i'm making some progress.

Double English

So In this lesson we went through the start of a paper 1 exam. we looked at the text and covered most of section A other than the 15 mark evaluate question. i'm kinda confident for this part of the paper and think i did ok. we then went through jekyll + hyde. we went through chapter 5 and looked at some themes and quotes etc. was alright, kinda boring but thats just probably because i generally find English boring anyway

Maths

We Did some simple trigonometry and started learning the rules and how to work out the questions. quite fun tbh. I also got a induction test back and received 23/27 marks which i was relatively happy with.

Greek

We had a cover lesson, did literally nothing. i'm failing

At Home

I went over some trigonometry and completed a few tasks on mathsgenie. went over my biology and comp science flashcards.

Thursday

Greek

We learned some more vocabulary for theme 1. which involved types of TV shows and film genres. We having a test on the vocab next week

Maths

Teacher gave some more trigonometry work, and we just went through the mathsgenie pack on SOHCAHTOA to fully reinforce our knowledge on it before we move onto harder problems

Double English

Did Literature all lesson, so basically i really wanted to sleep. we just went through another chapter and went over the themes and some techniques to look for. same stuff every week. i find literature so boring.

Double Physics

Had a good lesson, we learned about the national grid and how electricity is transferred from to our homes from power stations. we also did some other stuff on electricity.

At Home

just went over some flashcards. btw do you guys think its effective to copy other decks from quizlet for my subjects. because making them is so time consuming, will other decks be just as useful?

Friday

Double Computer Science

Well...our teachers car burned down just before school started. so we did nothing

Religious Studies

i literally don't remember. but it was theme c

History

We did a test. well it was only 1 question, it was a 20 mark interpretation question regarding how the nazi party grew in popularity between 1929-32. think i did well

Business

We went over organic/inorganic growth and problems and advantages with each aswell.

RS (again)

We went more in depth in stuff and apparently we did some a level content. With RE i always struggle to remember what we did because i find it so boring lol. i just about managed to get through the lesson without falling asleep.

At Home

I did nothing as i had a party, but i plan to do some more maths revision on the weekend, other than that i'm not sure. quite an unproductive week

Spoiler:
Show
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Monday + Tuesday I was off sick...didn't do much at home either...so il start from wednesday

Wednesday

Double Chemistry

We did calculations on mass in this lesson and also moved onto moles calculations. i struggle with chemistry and got a 4 last year because i literally did not have a teacher for most the year. This year we have a teacher but i'm struggling to understand stuff however i do feel like i'm making some progress.

Double English

So In this lesson we went through the start of a paper 1 exam. we looked at the text and covered most of section A other than the 15 mark evaluate question. i'm kinda confident for this part of the paper and think i did ok. we then went through jekyll + hyde. we went through chapter 5 and looked at some themes and quotes etc. was alright, kinda boring but thats just probably because i generally find English boring anyway

Maths

We Did some simple trigonometry and started learning the rules and how to work out the questions. quite fun tbh. I also got a induction test back and received 23/27 marks which i was relatively happy with.

Greek

At Home

I went over some trigonometry and completed a few tasks on mathsgenie. went over my biology and comp science flashcards.

Thursday

Greek

We learned some more vocabulary for theme 1. which involved types of TV shows and film genres. We having a test on the vocab next week

Maths

Teacher gave some more trigonometry work, and we just went through the mathsgenie pack on SOHCAHTOA to fully reinforce our knowledge on it before we move onto harder problems

Double English

Did Literature all lesson, so basically i really wanted to sleep. we just went through another chapter and went over the themes and some techniques to look for. same stuff every week. i find literature so boring.

Double Physics

Had a good lesson, we learned about the national grid and how electricity is transferred from to our homes from power stations. we also did some other stuff on electricity.

At Home

just went over some flashcards. btw do you guys think its effective to copy other decks from quizlet for my subjects. because making them is so time consuming, will other decks be just as useful?

Friday

Double Computer Science

Well...our teachers car burned down just before school started. so we did nothing

Religious Studies

History

We did a test. well it was only 1 question, it was a 20 mark interpretation question regarding how the nazi party grew in popularity between 1929-32. think i did well

Business

We went over organic/inorganic growth and problems and advantages with each aswell.

RS (again)

We went more in depth in stuff and apparently we did some a level content. With RE i always struggle to remember what we did because i find it so boring lol. i just about managed to get through the lesson without falling asleep.

At Home

I did nothing as i had a party, but i plan to do some more maths revision on the weekend, other than that i'm not sure. quite an unproductive week

Spoiler:
Show
Well done on the maths test!

Do you have a relaxing weekend planned?
anticorn04
Rep:
?
Well done on the maths test!

Do you have a relaxing weekend planned?
thanks
yeah i have just watched football all day and gone out to eat today which was nice, tomorrow might do some work but i'm not sure lol
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks
yeah i have just watched football all day and gone out to eat today which was nice, tomorrow might do some work but i'm not sure lol
Sounds good
liv.5.riley
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A 2019/2020 Year 11 GYG.
GCSES...In 231 days...

Well...I'm making this post in the hope that i stop procrastinating and make myself stick to my revision. I'm Also About 3 weeks Late...So that doesn't help.

Well...these are my subjects!

Edexcel Maths
Edexcel English Language
Edexcel English Literature
AQA Combined Science
AQA A Religious Studies
Edexcel Business Studies
Edexcel History
Edexcel Greek
OCR Computer Science

These Are My Year 10 Mock Grades...

Maths - 6
Language - 5
Literature - 4
Science - Biology - 6
- Physics - 6
- Chemistry - 4
Religous Studies - 6
Business Studies - 7
History - 8
Greek - 4
Computer Science - 5

And Finally...This Is what i think/hope i get

Maths - 8/8
Lang - 6/6
Literature - 5/6
Science - 66/88
RS - 7/8
Business - 8/9
History - 7/8
Greek - 3/5
Computer Science - 6/8

Well, as you can see.. i'm not extremely clever, but i try

I hope i Stay Motivated to do well with this GYG...( I was off school as i was sick today...was bored so decided to start this!)

I will try update this every week, updating my progress!
hey! you’re already doing so well, you’re going to smash it this year! please tag me- here’s my GYG if you’re interested:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post85409312
stephaniii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Wednesday

Double Chemistry

Double English

Maths

Greek

At Home

Thursday

Greek

Maths

Double English

Double Physics

At Home

Friday

Double Computer Science

Religious Studies

History

Business

RS (again)

At Home

Spoiler:
Show
yay i got tagged lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads