(Original post by Elena mikaelson)
So I just got accepted to study medicine at Nicosia, Cyprus
Do you guys think it’s a good idea to study medicine from there
Or should I just study another degree in London
I have 2A*s and 6As in olevels
1A 2Bs Aslevel
And 2 C’s alevels
Can y’all please guide me
The most important thing is what you want to do. With only 2 Cs at A level, it would be impossible to study medicine in the UK unless you resat your A levels, and many universities will want at least 3 A levels for most courses (not just medicine).
Elena mikaelson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
The most important thing is what you want to do. With only 2 Cs at A level, it would be impossible to study medicine in the UK unless you resat your A levels, and many universities will want at least 3 A levels for most courses (not just medicine).
Do you think Nicosia would be a good place for medicine
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think Nicosia would be a good place for medicine
I have no idea - this is a UK-based forum, so you might not get many responses from actual Nicosia students. I'll move this thread to the Medicine forum, to see if you can get more specific advice.
Elena mikaelson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
1A 2Bs Aslevel
And 2 C’s alevels
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
1A 2Bs Aslevel
And 2 C’s alevels
You can only run through the options , weigh up the pros and cons, then make your choice.

Biomed transfer.
Grad med.
Resit.
Foreign medical school.

Perhaps find some students who have studied there.

Sorry just misread and they have accepted you with 1x AS and 2x grade C A levels.
If you dont think you can resit and can afford the course, then Cyprus seems more viable.
Question is do you think you can up your grades?
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
graduate entry medicine is by far tougher than undergraduate medicine. I would suggest trying out the university because they accepted you and if you don’t like it - drop out maybe? take a gap year to build up on any experiences or retake any exams that need being done to apply to medical schools in London which require usually ABB minimum at A Levels (some lower). Take a look at St Georges, University of London it’s entry requirements are low.
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
graduate entry medicine is by far tougher than undergraduate medicine. I would suggest trying out the university because they accepted you and if you don’t like it - drop out maybe? take a gap year to build up on any experiences or retake any exams that need being done to apply to medical schools in London which require usually ABB minimum at A Levels (some lower). Take a look at St Georges, University of London it’s entry requirements are low.
All UK med schools bar one currently require AAA minimum at A level unless you are a contextual applicant. SGUL require AAA.
Most UK med schools will not accept somebody who has already started a medical degree elsewhere
GoKeys
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1A 2Bs Aslevel
And 2 C’s alevels
I live in Nicosia and a quick tip I have for you is that unfortunately, the universities here are just really bad and if you have the opportunity I highly suggest you go somewhere else.
theIVlineYT
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey

4th Year Medical Student at University of Nicosia here. Did the IB and studied my Bachelors in Biomedical Sciences in the UK. Now i am in Cyprus.

I completely disagree with the comment above about the universities being bad in Nicosia.

I am an actual International Student here and if you would like to ask me specific questions i am more than happy to help.
GoKeys
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by theIVlineYT)
Hey

4th Year Medical Student at University of Nicosia here. Did the IB and studied my Bachelors in Biomedical Sciences in the UK. Now i am in Cyprus.

I completely disagree with the comment above about the universities being bad in Nicosia.

I am an actual International Student here and if you would like to ask me specific questions i am more than happy to help.
I have been living here for 17 years man ur completely wrong. At least in the northern side
theIVlineYT
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GoKeys)
I have been living here for 17 years man ur completely wrong. At least in the northern side
I completely understand where you are coming from. However, your experience does not mean the University or the town in general is bad.

I have been here for 4 years. The university/people/facilities are all amazing.

Also, the northern side is very different to the southern side - different experiences.
Mazziam
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey

Hello , I’m from the Uk looking to study dentistry at EUC . I was wondering if you knew of anyone’s experience there
Anonymous778
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I completely understand where you are coming from. However, your experience does not mean the University or the town in general is bad.

I have been here for 4 years. The university/people/facilities are all amazing.

Also, the northern side is very different to the southern side - different experiences.
Hi, I want to apply for Medicine in Nicosia this year. Can you please answer some questions !
Is the city very diverse? Are there any Muslims and black people?
How competitive is the entry?
Are there any entrance exams?
Thank you so so much!
AlexandraS1112
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey

Hi! What do you like most about studying medicine in Cyprus? I'm waiting for my answer from EUC.
theIVlineYT
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by AlexandraS1112)
Hi! What do you like most about studying medicine in Cyprus? I'm waiting for my answer from EUC.
Hey there! its just a nice expeirence. You become realy good friends with people. Its a nice and calm country. Not alot happening. Its just overall a nice experience.
AlexandraS1112
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey there! its just a nice expeirence. You become realy good friends with people. Its a nice and calm country. Not alot happening. Its just overall a nice experience.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Hope I get in. Will classes take place this fall or will you have to work remotely due to corona?
theIVlineYT
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Goodluck! The semester will resume as usual from what i know. As the situation in cyprus is getting better. I think tests will be needed to allow people in. but im not quite sure on that.

Goodluck once again
savannaarin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GoKeys)
I live in Nicosia and a quick tip I have for you is that unfortunately, the universities here are just really bad and if you have the opportunity I highly suggest you go somewhere else.
can anybody who studies the MD6 programme at Nicosia fact check this, please? It is an established university, and I am not sure it would be as bad as you say.
theIVlineYT
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, Current 5th year student in the MD6 Nicisoa program. I don't agree with anything GoKeys has stated. He has mentioned the north to be specific and i do not know about the north border situation, but i can speak about University of NIcosia. It is an established university, with the first cohort who graduated last year working as doctors in the UK mainly. The current 6th years are getting ready to apply for their jobs. In my opinion, it is like any other university. It has its flaws just like every other uni. I also studied 3 years in the UK, so i have a good basis to compare it to a 'well established British' university Don't hesitate to ask any specific questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.88%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (66)
28.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (87)
37.34%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.88%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.58%

Watched Threads