The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan conundrum

Hi,

I have been accepted for a MA course starting this month and also received confirmation of my postgraduate student loan. The university require an initial percentage of fees to be paid before registration can be completed but the student loan company wont release the loan until registration is complete.

I have done some research and many universities seem to have the same requirement. However some will allow students to register without payment if they have their confirmation of loan letter.

Has anyone had any experience of this before? I understand that universities want confirmation that a student will enrol, however this appears to go against the idea of increasing access for students who might not otherwise be able to afford PG study. It must be difficult for many to get the initial deposit together.
Hi! I would personally advise you to contact your university and ask them if you can complete your registration before you send in your initial payment, and if they would need proof of a loan for you to do so. :smile: I'd contact the university itself because, as you said, the policies aren't always the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending