The Student Room Group

Creative Writing At University

Anyone else studying/has studied creative writing at university, I've just started in First Year, but I'm wondering what is it like, what is the workload like? Is it a lot of work outside of lectures?
Hey there,

I'm in my final year at Anglia Ruskin university, studying Writing and English literature :smile: I personally would say the workload is entirely manageable. I get some small pieces of reading homework every week, but not much else as I get stuck into my essays early. In my course I am currently only in class for 2 days a week, and that's 2 hours at a time. So I have plenty of time for essays, reading and writing and spare time for leisure. Of course, the motivation has to be there! I have gotten into the habit of planning my days so I know what I'll be studying/revising and when, which has worked really well. I typically read one book for an hour, then another book the next hour, mini break for a snack and relax, then back to reading/writing for another hour. Boom- three hours worth done! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending