The Student Room Group

Migrants Workers student finance continuing student application form

Hi! I need to apply for the second year of my studies and I cannot find the Migrants Workers student finance England continuing student application form. Help?
Reply 1
Original post by Ardinal
Hi! I need to apply for the second year of my studies and I cannot find the Migrants Workers student finance England continuing student application form. Help?

I have read that is the PR1 form but where can we find the PR1 form? Because the pr1 form that i have found form sfe website it doesn’t say anything about migrants workers so I am confused.
Reply 2
I initially applies as EU student and then the SFE suggested me to apply as Migrant worker student because I had submitted evidence that I was working prior to my studies. I did that and now they tell me to apply with the PN1 form as I have assessed as an eu student. How I have been assessed as and eu student? But i did apply as a migrant worker for the first year. Really confusing.
Original post by Ardinal
I initially applies as EU student and then the SFE suggested me to apply as Migrant worker student because I had submitted evidence that I was working prior to my studies. I did that and now they tell me to apply with the PN1 form as I have assessed as an eu student. How I have been assessed as and eu student? But i did apply as a migrant worker for the first year. Really confusing.

Hi there,

When did you apply for your first year and what form did you send us?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

When did you apply for your first year and what form did you send us?

Regards,
Nihad

I applied for the first time 2018-2019 academic year using sfe form I believe was the EUN18. Then because they saw that I have already worked in UK prior to my studies they suggested me to apply to migrant EU workers student finance and they send me another application and I did that. My tuition fees loan was approved but because I found my part-time job in June 2019 I wasn’t able to get any maintenance loan because I didn’t meet the 40 hours that they told me a month due to my placement. now I applied again to Migrant Workers using the PN1 form as they told me and I’m still waiting the answer for tuition fees and how to be assessed about maintenance loan for this academic year 2019-2020.

The confusing part is regarding the maintenance loan as an EU migrant worker as I do have placements as a healthcare preregistration course and that doesn’t allow me to work consistently 40 hours per month and I asked them if I can compensate and they told me no. something that I can find it really unfair because there are some months that I can work more than others due to placements and as an EU I’m not entitled to any hardship loan from the Uni
Hi Ardinal,

If your employment is not of a level which we can accept then I'm afraid we can't class you as a Migrant Worker or assess you for the Maintenance Loan. If you don't meet these criteria you should apply as an EU student for Tuition Fee Loan only. We don't count time on placement as part of your employment whether these are paid or unpaid.

Thanks, Tégan
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Tegan
Hi Ardinal,

If your employment is not of a level which we can accept then I'm afraid we can't class you as a Migrant Worker or assess you for the Maintenance Loan. If you don't meet these criteria you should apply as an EU student for Tuition Fee Loan only. We don't count time on placement as part of your employment whether these are paid or unpaid.

Thanks, Tégan

Thank you for your answer but still this is a generic response.why don’t you accept compensation of the hours? For example if the minimum hours per month is 40, during my placement I might work 20 but other months I could work 50 or 60 or 80 hours. why this is not acceptable?
Original post by Ardinal
Thank you for your answer but still this is a generic response.why don’t you accept compensation of the hours? For example if the minimum hours per month is 40, during my placement I might work 20 but other months I could work 50 or 60 or 80 hours. why this is not acceptable?

Hi Ardinal,

To be assessed as a Migrant Worker the work you do must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary. The Migrant Worker team assess students on an individual basis if your employment is not of a level which we can accept then I'm afraid we can't class you as a Migrant Worker to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan.

If you want us to take a further look into your account please send us a DM on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 8
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi Ardinal,

To be assessed as a Migrant Worker the work you do must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary. The Migrant Worker team assess students on an individual basis if your employment is not of a level which we can accept then I'm afraid we can't class you as a Migrant Worker to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan.

If you want us to take a further look into your account please send us a DM on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks, Amy

Yes I do understand but for students who are in a health care course and have blocks period of placements eg. At least 4 weeks full time (my last placement will be 10 weeks full time placement), then how a student can work this period even if that students want to? I work to survive but still I need to complete my placement. I will contact you but I believe you should take that into consideration as its a big limitation for health care students. At least you should consider to allow students to compensate during months they are not on placement. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending