My dream is to be a kid again?

Watch
username4882260
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
My dream is I want to be a kid again? I hate adult life. Is this weird?
Ectover_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DeesideEwan)
To be honest, I feel the exact same way.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Many adults wish they could go back to the wonderful days of early childhood- free meals, being looked after by adults and no bills to pay.
No mention of Brexit either.
username4882260
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Ectover_)
To be honest, I feel the exact same way.
Me and my partner have the same dream to become a kid again.
Dom0401
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's such a conflicting idea for me but I've been thinking about it more and more as of late.

I've just started Uni and because I'm not really close to anyone yet I always find myself looking back, not even too long ago like 5 months, where I had a tight group of like 7 mates and always subconsciously knew that my family were 10 minutes away. I want that back. I want that sense of belonging back.

Now that I have to be independent and think what I want for dinner and think how I'm going to do things instead of having someone, anyone, have overall control of where my life is going is extremely scary.

But then I remember back to before I arrived. The summer where I so desperately wanted to leave my small town and head off into that world for all its benefits like the privacy and the freedom.

Honestly, you want the best of both worlds but it never happens. My childhood is over and I have to accept it no matter how hard it is for me.
Your memories are still there, the people you bonded with over that time still exist. All both you and I can do is cherish them.
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Lmao. I’m the opposite. I hated my childhood, my family life has always been amazing but I hated primary school, secondary school. I’m in uni now and I’m loving life 😂
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
There's a difference between growing older and growing more mature. I like kicking up autumn leaves, and drawing smiley faces on cars with snow on them. I play on swings and went on a zipline that was labelled for over 12s, because I am over 12, by some way. At the weekend I laughed at crossword answers that referred to bosom and ass (as in donkey). You don't have to lose the simple pleasures
rockhead08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Tbh, I miss it too. No responsibilities, no bills to pay like you said, all you think about as a kid is just fun and games, no stress whatsoever. I had a good childhood too, so it makes me miss it even more.
eliza6745
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yeah me too :/
Sorani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Although there's stuff I hate, I hated school more than I've ever hated any job I've had, so I'd never want to go through it again.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
pretty much depends on whether you had a good childhood.

But presuming you did have a nice time, yes its very normally to want to go back to a nice time. Especially as we tend to selectivly remember the best bits.

Although to be honest, I am more looking forward to being a parent and watching my kids go through that life, then re-doing it again for myself.
Alice summers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by username4882260)
no its not werid there is nothing wrong with it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (109)
38.79%
Take autumn exams (90)
32.03%
Look for a job (8)
2.85%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.2%
Take a year out (47)
16.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.41%

Watched Threads