The Student Room Group

choose between LSBU and Richmond American Uni

Hello everyone,

I'm a french student who has completed two years in political science degree in Paris. I would like to continue my studies in London (third year of Politics Bachelor degree).

I've received two positives answers from LSBU (London South Bank University) and Richmond American University.

I really want to integrate a Master (2020 entry) in a better university, so what is the best ?

Thank you
Original post by s.zar
Hello everyone,

I'm a french student who has completed two years in political science degree in Paris. I would like to continue my studies in London (third year of Politics Bachelor degree).

I've received two positives answers from LSBU (London South Bank University) and Richmond American University.

I really want to integrate a Master (2020 entry) in a better university, so what is the best ?

Thank you

literally nobody, and i mean nobody has ever heard of RAU.

LSBU is really good for vocational subjects like nursing etc. but appalling at anything academic. avoid
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
literally nobody, and i mean nobody has ever heard of RAU.

LSBU is really good for vocational subjects like nursing etc. but appalling at anything academic. avoid

Thank you for your answer. I've read on the RAU website ex students have continued their studies in universities like LSE and UCL. But I don't know if it's a lot of them. I've heard the bad reputation of LSBU, but they are ranked as 59th in UK for Politics course, so I don't know what think about it. Have you more information?
Original post by s.zar
Thank you for your answer. I've read on the RAU website ex students have continued their studies in universities like LSE and UCL. But I don't know if it's a lot of them. I've heard the bad reputation of LSBU, but they are ranked as 59th in UK for Politics course, so I don't know what think about it. Have you more information?

yes it's basically 99% mature student undergrads, underprivileged ethnic minorities (think banlieue-types) and low performers. do not go there for anything academic. maybe RAU is a better option even though i (or anyone else) even knew it existed.

surely you have other options mate?
Avoid lsbu and Richmond university, if u can try applying again next year to University of London colleges. If u really want to come then Richmond is better
Reply 5
Original post by A Rolling Stone
yes it's basically 99% mature student undergrads, underprivileged ethnic minorities (think banlieue-types) and low performers. do not go there for anything academic. maybe RAU is a better option even though i (or anyone else) even knew it existed.

surely you have other options mate?

Thank you, I think you're right. I'm French so I don't know really the reputation of universities in UK.

I don't have more options because I've applied very late by Clearing. I will pass my IELTS this week. So, it's a decision of last minute because I was in French university in Paris just a few weeks ago. I've decided to study in London and I didn't have a lot of time to apply and choose universities.

Do you know better universities can accept me at this moment of the year? Maybe an October or January entry?

I'm very lost about my choices because I've heard a lot of bad things about Richmond and LSBU
Reply 6
Original post by Shockwaver344
Avoid lsbu and Richmond university, if u can try applying again next year to University of London colleges. If u really want to come then Richmond is better

Thank you for your answer. What's wrong with Richmond? Can you tell me more please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending