SteveWaters
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I took English because there was nothing else I could pick in the column, and theres no way you could really avoid English I guess, I was wondering how big the jump is from nat 5 to higher?

I got 91% in the nat 5 exam, however I really dislike the subject, I was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to study the subject and enjoy it at the same time?😂
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SteveWaters)
Hi, I took English because there was nothing else I could pick in the column, and theres no way you could really avoid English I guess, I was wondering how big the jump is from nat 5 to higher?

I got 91% in the nat 5 exam, however I really dislike the subject, I was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to study the subject and enjoy it at the same time?😂
The structure of what you do is very similar, but you've got to do a lot more to get the marks in higher English (at nat 5, quote + comment = 2 marks, at higher quote + comment = 1 mark).

I guess how big a step it is also depends on the texts you do- I did the same set of poems for Scottish text for both nat 5 & higher, which was good (though I was really fed up with them by the end!), but the novel we did for higher had much more to it than the nat 5 one.

I can definitely relate to disliking the subject! Part of the dislike came from not enjoying it, and part of it came from not finding it that easy a subject- I found that once I kept practising at it though (and therefore the not finding it easy part reduced a bit) I enjoyed it more (or at least, hated it less :lol: )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads