How to get over a guy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please please please!!

I have liked this guy for about 2 years now and I would really like this feeling to go away because although my friends keep telling me to make a move im never really going to!
SteveyStack
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Even if he rejected you one of the best ways to get over someone is to ask them out (trust me I know).

You could always get your friends to do it for you if you really wanted
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
imo you want to get over someone you havent even approached yet, and if you've liked him for 2 years, would advise that you actually try your chances and move your move, or you could be living in regret for the next few years
username3318492
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I agree - but if you're good friends with this guy, then I would approach this situation by initialising a discussion about your feelings and the possible implications on the friendship. If all goes well, then maybe a date will be in order. If it doesn't go well, then it's important to realise that things may be awkward in the friendship for a while and you may need some time to heal before you can resume your normal friendship - and that's ok, but be open about that.
But if you don't really consider this guy a friend and you're sort of admiring him from a distance, then I would say make your move (not forcefully!)
In general, I agree with the others - if you don't at least talk about how you feel then you'll never know if he feels the same, and constantly thinking about 'what if' will NOT help you get over him.
sedentary
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
definitely let him know, and if it goes pear shaped you can always come to me for advice cos I have quite a lot of experience in heartbreak lol
username4899372
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SteveyStack)
Even if he rejected you one of the best ways to get over someone is to ask them out (trust me I know).

You could always get your friends to do it for you if you really wanted
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads