The Student Room Group

From full time to part time Masters tuition fees

Because of working and travel constraints, I have changed my course yesterday (in the alloted time as per uni rules) from full time to part time. However, I have received my first of three payments for full time education on Monday. How do I go about changing my loans to part time? Will I have to pay back some of that money now, to receive it at a later date? Also, the way the course is structured one day is roughly 60% of the course and the other day is 40% of the course. I have chosen to do the 40% this year, and the 60% next year. So how would I explain this to student finance and how would they finance this accordingly?

Just a side note before anyone mentions it, changing from full time to part time was inevitable. Waking up at half 5 to be five minutes late for a 9am lecture, getting back to my town train station at 7:30 where as I finished at 4pm.
Original post by LordLagsalot
Because of working and travel constraints, I have changed my course yesterday (in the alloted time as per uni rules) from full time to part time. However, I have received my first of three payments for full time education on Monday. How do I go about changing my loans to part time? Will I have to pay back some of that money now, to receive it at a later date? Also, the way the course is structured one day is roughly 60% of the course and the other day is 40% of the course. I have chosen to do the 40% this year, and the 60% next year. So how would I explain this to student finance and how would they finance this accordingly?

Just a side note before anyone mentions it, changing from full time to part time was inevitable. Waking up at half 5 to be five minutes late for a 9am lecture, getting back to my town train station at 7:30 where as I finished at 4pm.

You need to contact Student Finance and tell them about the change. It is very likely that they will ask for some of the money back that you've already been paid, as some of that is now an over-payment according to your new circumstances. While you are on the phone to them, explain that the structure of the course won't be 50/50 over the next two years, and see what they suggest. They may still make equal payments across Years 1 and 2, and you'll have to save that money yourself if need be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending