The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

The Official UAL Applicants' Thread 2020

This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

What course are you applying for:
UAL Location:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:
(Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.)

You can check out a list of other applicants threads here.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applying for Graphic Branding and Identity?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I’m applying for psychology of fashion - anyone else?
Predicted ABB EPQ- B
Applying kings , Newcastle , belfast and Liverpool
Gcse : 2As 6Bs 4Cs
Loads of extra curricular - youth parliament , volunteering ect... not much sport tho! 🙄
Original post by 学生の父
This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

UAL Location:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

Applying for Public Relations at the communications campus.
Thinking of applying to Bristol, Nottingham Trent and Bath
GCSE avg grade of 6.4
A level predictions are CCB
Original post by 学生の父

UAL Location:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

I applied for fashion photography
UAL London fashion college
Fashion photography
I’ve submitted my portfolio just waiting to hear back
Looking at other university in London to
Recently, i got a conditional offer for BA (Hons) Advertising (starting September, 2020), and i'm planning on accepting the offer later next year. If there's anyone who is planning on going to UAL, let's talk :smile:.
Original post by hermela001
Recently, i got a conditional offer for BA (Hons) Advertising (starting September, 2020), and i'm planning on accepting the offer later next year. If there's anyone who is planning on going to UAL, let's talk :smile:.

I’ve applied for LCF, when did you send your application and portfolio how long until you heard back for an interview
Original post by Emily21772177
I’ve applied for LCF, when did you send your application and portfolio how long until you heard back for an interview

Hey Emily, i applied for the BA (Hons) Advertising course around the 15th October, however, i didn't need to send a portfolio or do an interview. In my case, i just need to get the entry grades. Hope you get into LCF!

Good Luck,
Hermela.
Reply 9
Applying for Fashion Marketing, LCF.
A-levels predicted A*AA
What course are you applying for: fine art
UAL Location: CSM and Chelsea
What other universities are you thinking of: Goldsmiths, Kingston, Slade,
A levels: AAC (art maths physics)

I am doing an art foundation right now, haven't started the application precess, does anyone have any tips for personal statements and portfolios?
UAL Location: LCC
Other Universities I'm thinking of applying: Goldsmiths, BIMM, Sussex, Leeds, (Still deciding between UWE Bristol and other unis)
A Levels + BTEC: Media Studies, Art History and Health and Social Care

Applying for Media and Communications. Course seems exciting. Can't wait to join :biggrin:
Reply 12
Hi!
I am applying for MA Design Jewellery at CSM.
And would love to know if anyone else is going to study masters programs or BA in Jewellery.
Reply 13
hi!! i’m applying for media communications at lcc. also applying to kingston, goldsmiths, westminster and london southbank. predicted a*ab :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by alicehelps
What course are you applying for: fine art
UAL Location: CSM and Chelsea
What other universities are you thinking of: Goldsmiths, Kingston, Slade,
A levels: AAC (art maths physics)

I am doing an art foundation right now, haven't started the application precess, does anyone have any tips for personal statements and portfolios?

Hi, Alice (I guess?)
How is your application process going?
Reply 15
Hi everyone!

Applying to MA in Industrial Design at CSM. If anyone else has applied to the same course, let's talk!
Reply 16
Original post by anaik28
Hi everyone!

Applying to MA in Industrial Design at CSM. If anyone else has applied to the same course, let's talk!

Hi! I am nop applying for industrial design, but also for an MA, and would love to chat.)
What's your name? How is your application going?
Reply 17
Original post by Ponizo
Hi! I am nop applying for industrial design, but also for an MA, and would love to chat.)
What's your name? How is your application going?

Hi, I am Advait from India! I submitted my portfolio one day before the deadline and I am waiting for their reply!

Best of luck to you and everyone here.
Reply 18
Original post by anaik28
Hi, I am Advait from India! I submitted my portfolio one day before the deadline and I am waiting for their reply!

Best of luck to you and everyone here.

Nice to meet you, Advait! My name is Tanya, I am from Russia.
I've submitted my portfolio this Tuesday, and also wait for their email.
Why did you decided to apply for an MA in UAL? Do you apply for other courses in other universities?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by hermela001

I got a conditional offer for Advertising too, gonna accept it when I hear back from my other choices, excited af 😤😤

Quick Reply